A "Why I Went HD DVD" story that's never been posted here before! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-12-2009, 05:13 PM

A "Why I Went HD DVD" story that's never been posted here before!

Okay, so the title of this thread topic is a total lie!

Anyways, the reason why I (initially) chose hhhhdvd over bbblu was this:

I already owned an HDTV and Xbox 360, so it was an easy choice for me to buy the (then) $199 hhhhdvd add-on drive with the packed-in free "King Kong" hhhhdvd!

As if anyone in this forum really cares, I didn't start buying bbblu discs until last year, when I bought my PS3. Don't worry, though! I still have equal love for my Xbox 360 and it's hhhhdvd add-on! My PS3 and 360 each get equal play-time from me!

EDIT:

Another lesser reason was when I found out that the HD version of The Ultimate Matrix Collection boxed set was to be released (at that point in time, at least) as an hhhhdvd exclusive. No bbblu version was planned for the (then) forseeable future. My, how things have changed, since then, huh?

Last edited by starwarstrek; 10-12-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: I forgot a bit of extra info!