Why are most people confused? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Why are most people confused?

So for a birthday present I gave my best friend one of the extra 360 add-ons i have in my attic. His GF bought him a 360 so I thought this would be a perfect compliment to go with his new toy and the HDTV they just bought a few months ago. After he hooked it all up the first thing his GF said was how dumb it is to buy HD DVDs now that they no longer make them. I tried to explain that just because they no longer produce the movies doesn't mean you should just completely write of the format. I also told them about the many deals that could be found for $10 or less on movies they don't already have. He already said he has no intention on buying a PS3 for quite a while and I don't see them buying a Blu Ray player anytime soon (college kids don't have much money to throw around) so I told him to grab some of the combo discs that way he can at least have some high definition viewing---especially at $5 for most movies. She still argued with me that it is nothing more than a waste of money.
~~So, what else can I say to convince them to at least give HDDVD a shot??? I let them borrow my Ultimate Matrix set, but not sure they have watched any of them yet.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:17 PM

Probally a waste of time tryng to convince someones gf they should be spending money on or paying attention to anything other than her. Can't live with them...
Old 07-13-2008, 03:24 PM

Someones GF's is always trouble. The end.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:07 PM

Your friend's girlfriend sounds like a bitch.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:26 PM

He doesn't seem confused at all. He doesn't want to spend money on a dead format. Maybe you are confused? People aren't allowed to choose how to spend their own money now?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaca View Post
He doesn't seem confused at all. He doesn't want to spend money on a dead format. Maybe you are confused? People aren't allowed to choose how to spend their own money now?
i'm not saying they aren't allowed to choose, but with the amount of money they spend on regular DVDs i just wish they would take a chance on getting high definition at a bargain price. especially when the HD DVD will be cheaper than some of the DVDs they buy used at Moviestop.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:34 PM

Sounds like your buddy's girlfriend doesn't have very good manners. What happened to accepting a gift graciously and then shutting TFU? If she wants to bitch once you are out the door then fine.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 PM

Option 2:

STOP telling people to buy HD DVDs. Agree that it's a dead format, and that they should spend $30 on a Blu-ray movie. That way all of us will be able to find better bargains sooner, instead of having to compete with all of these other people.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Formerly peterhefer1

Well if it were me I wouldn't be buying in to it either at this point. If your going to lend them movie's to watch that's one thing, buying a few combo's isn't all that bad either, but really investing in HD dvd's with only a 360 add on is pretty stupid, I buy ton's of Hd dvd's, Got 5 in the mail today, 7 last week but I have 4 player's and a 360 add-on, If there not into getting a Blu-ray than a 1080P up-converter would have probably been a better gift than your dusted off add-on. ( I guess it's the thought that counts though right? )
Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 AM

Well atleast my GF supports HD DVD, but she understands all the deals im getting and how much more she pays for DVDs. Some people are just hardheaded and wont listen to the knowledge that your spitting. Keep preaching HD DVD. (maybe she has something against you? I mean your only helping them getting better deals and helping them save money, why wont she accept that)