I cant hold it in anymore - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-11-2008, 09:24 PM

Default I cant hold it in anymore

Ive tired to say neutral in this format war I went hd dvd because of my 360 but I also love red I don't want to go blu. Why cant these studios get their heads out of their asses and just make movies in both formats that way people can support what camp they want. Blu ray and Hd dvd can live together just as dvd-r and dvd+r. Anyway I will support red as long as I can and will import blu exclusive movies in hd as long as I can. So just let me know the next Hd dvd anonymous meeting is cause im addicted.

This is just my opinion but the hd dvd side appears to be more passionate about their format then the blu ray people. I'm not talking bad about the blu ray people thats just how I perceive it.

In the end its all about the MOVIES and I will buy blu ray if it wins. It doesn't matter who wins the war its not us who's screwing each other its the greedy corporations but then again isn't it always.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:50 AM

I understand where you're coming from. Its all about giving consumers a choice.

I've heard a lot of people, mostly from the BD camp, talk about how a single format is best for HD. I wonder how much of that statement is based on personal gains. I don't see anyone from the BD camp leaving BD and adopting HD DVD to unify the formats.

The bottom line is I like the option to chose if I want to be red, blue, or even purple. Toshiba has given me a choice and I have chosen. Maybe in time I will elect to go purple, but once again that will be my choice.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosul210 View Post
I understand where you're coming from. Its all about giving consumers a choice.

I've heard a lot of people, mostly from the BD camp, talk about how a single format is best for HD. I wonder how much of that statement is based on personal gains. I don't see anyone from the BD camp leaving BD and adopting HD DVD to unify the formats.

The bottom line is I like the option to chose if I want to be red, blue, or even purple. Toshiba has given me a choice and I have chosen. Maybe in time I will elect to go purple, but once again that will be my choice.
I agree. Just look on the forums. The feedback area now features a thread mentioning a "We need to move all studios to Blu-Ray and kill HD-DVD to save HDM petition".

Is that really logicial? Killing the only consumer friendly HDM format till date? The only one officialy supported by over 500 companies of the hardware and movie industry? The one that doesn't have the problems of different profiles? The one with affordable prices?

I'm purple (neutral) like you can see in my signature but I tend to red since the last happenings. It's just more consumer friendly and shouldn't die. But neither should Blu-Ray die.

I really don't know what people are complaining. If there's only one format people are complaining about consumer unfriendlieness and if there are two the same happens.

What do you want guys? A total mess with every studio having his own format?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 AM

Besides getting paid a boat load of money, I don't see why these studios are going to blu. Hd-dvd is obviously the format which has its act together is ready to support what is says it can support and has far less problems. Oh yea and the price is better. Anyway I was in wal-mart with my wife last night and she wants to get 300 in hd so Im going to get it today Ill probably pick up shooter as well.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:04 AM

Even importing is gonna get harder. Whatever company that has overseas DRs to RE & the FF series went blu exclusive now too so there's no more red imports for those.

In a perfect world HD-DVD should've won. I've already had issues with my Sammy 1400 not wanting to play stuff.

I still might order an A-35 in the future should prices be reasonable and Para/Uni/Dream stay red.