Ease of content creation - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-18-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Ease of content creation

Hello...new member here. As mentioned in another thread, I just purchased my player (an A3) a couple of weeks ago, but have yet to take it out of the box (waiting for Christmas). I was on the fence about HD DVD and Blu Ray and almost purchased the Sharp BD player, but what ultimately swayed me towards red was the ease of creating my own HD DVD's. Most Blu Ray players seem unable to play BD-R discs (what's up with that!?), whereas the software I use for editing and authoring DVD's allows me to create and burn HD DVD content onto standard DVD's. I figure this will be great for bringing out the full range of detail in my digital camera slide shows and provides an upgrade path for the day when I upgrade my digital video camera. This for me was the biggest factor in my decision (lesser matters included the web integration of the players and PIP content capability...I know that Blu Ray will offer that later, but I wanted it now! ).
Craig
Old 12-18-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caheaton View Post
Hello...new member here. As mentioned in another thread, I just purchased my player (an A3) a couple of weeks ago, but have yet to take it out of the box (waiting for Christmas). I was on the fence about HD DVD and Blu Ray and almost purchased the Sharp BD player, but what ultimately swayed me towards red was the ease of creating my own HD DVD's. Most Blu Ray players seem unable to play BD-R discs (what's up with that!?), whereas the software I use for editing and authoring DVD's allows me to create and burn HD DVD content onto standard DVD's. I figure this will be great for bringing out the full range of detail in my digital camera slide shows and provides an upgrade path for the day when I upgrade my digital video camera. This for me was the biggest factor in my decision (lesser matters included the web integration of the players and PIP content capability...I know that Blu Ray will offer that later, but I wanted it now! ).
Craig
Excellent points. Why do you think Microsoft went HD DVD?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:46 PM

You gotta tell me though, what DVD editing and authoring software do you use?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:13 PM

I use Ulead Videostudio & DVD Moviefactory (although they are now called Corel VideoStudio & Corel Moviefactory). I've been pretty happy with both products, nearly as powerful as Adobe's products but much easier to learn and use.
Craig