Who's with me? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-29-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Who's with me?

I'm red. I think it's a great format with good titles. I have nothing against blu.

I have a 360 and I love it. I have no real interest in a PS3. I don't want to use a controller as a remote. I don't have enough time in my life to play the 360 games I have. I enjoy movies more.

But I just won't pay more than $200 for a blu player to have access to a few of the must-have exclusive titles, especially when the blu players aren't finished and the 'cheaper' ones load slowly. And especially when I can rent many of those titles in 720p through cable or Live or even buy an HD DVD region-free import.

I'd willingly pay a little more for a combo player that has the full specs of both formats with room to grow into blu's 2.x specs, but still it would have to be no more than $400.

So until one side folds or a blu player meets my price ceiling I'm sticking with red. I'm not worried in the least about buying for a dead format. I'll continue to buy HD DVDs I want to own. But I won't buy HD DVDs just to fuel a war.

Anybody else out there feel the same way?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby tyler View Post
I'm red. I think it's a great format with good titles. I have nothing against blu.

I have a 360 and I love it. I have no real interest in a PS3. I don't want to use a controller as a remote. I don't have enough time in my life to play the 360 games I have. I enjoy movies more.

But I just won't pay more than $200 for a blu player to have access to a few of the must-have exclusive titles, especially when the blu players aren't finished and the 'cheaper' ones load slowly. And especially when I can rent many of those titles in 720p through cable or Live or even buy an HD DVD region-free import.

I'd willingly pay a little more for a combo player that has the full specs of both formats with room to grow into blu's 2.x specs, but still it would have to be no more than $400.

So until one side folds or a blu player meets my price ceiling I'm sticking with red. I'm not worried in the least about buying for a dead format. I'll continue to buy HD DVDs I want to own. But I won't buy HD DVDs just to fuel a war.

Anybody else out there feel the same way?
I feel you on this. I'm PC/Wii/360/PS2 for gaming and HD-A2 for SD and HD DVD, currently ebay shopping for a PS3 (for both gaming and Blu-ray). If BD had a stand alone, EVEN IF it were 1.0 only, for around $200 I would pick one up in a heart beat. Until I win a 60gb for an acceptable price (in my eyes) I'll just keep sticking to HD rentals (or buys) via HD DVD/TV broadcasting/LIVE or SD rentals
Old 12-02-2007, 01:30 PM

I agree. Id be neutral if I had the money, but I dont, so im not. I had to pick a side, and since I already had a 360, it was an easy choice,
Old 12-02-2007, 02:55 PM

same situation here