Formerly Blu-ray exclusive, neutral now! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Default Formerly Blu-ray exclusive, neutral now!

Yup, just got the 360 HD DVD addon. I don't even have any movies yet, but I'll be picking up either Lost in Translation or the Matrix Trilogy tonight.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:38 AM

hddvd owners never cracked under the pressure that all you blu fanboys dished out on us./..and now with this one news announcement you all crack and get a hddvd player.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM

Congrats, cleeve.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:41 AM

Yeah congratulations Cleeve, but didn't hdd make a separate forum just for this type of thing?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
hddvd owners never cracked under the pressure that all you blu fanboys dished out on us./..and now with this one news announcement you all crack and get a hddvd player.
Cleeve owned an HD DVD player before. And can you blame him? Why limit yourself to less than half the studios as an HD DVD owner and not go Blu?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post
Yup, just got the 360 HD DVD addon. I don't even have any movies yet, but I'll be picking up either Lost in Translation or the Matrix Trilogy tonight.
"
Welcome back,
Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,
To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
"
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
Cleeve owned an HD DVD player before. And can you blame him? Why limit yourself to less than half the studios as an HD DVD owner and not go Blu?
well..sorry then.
congrats..ive just recently jumped onto the smackdown forum.
im going nuetral vi selling my wii and saving up for a ps3.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
I went neutral because I'm smart and want to watch as many movies as possible, simple as that.

I have no loyalties towards any format or company, just towards movies.

I had no problem holding off from HD DVD when it only had Universal and seemed to have an extremely grim future, but now that Paramounts there, there's no way I'd not go neutral.

I don't know how anyone, on either side of the format war, could be format exclusive and happy at this point.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Good choice. I purchased Lost in Translation last week and it looks great in HD.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
I went neutral because I'm smart and want to watch as many movies as possible, simple as that.

I have no loyalties towards any format or company, just towards movies.

I had no problem holding off from HD DVD when it only had Universal and seemed to have an extremely grim future, but now that Paramounts there, there's no way I'd not go neutral.

I don't know how anyone, on either side of the format war, could be format exclusive and happy at this point.
its alot about expenses..of course everyone wants to go nuetral..but i have college to pay for..like i said,, im selling my wii to get a ps3/bluray player.