Yup, I'm Goin From Blu-ray Loyal To Neutral! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Yup, I'm Goin From Blu-ray Loyal To Neutral!

That's it yall, YES! I'VE DECIDED I'M GOING FROM BLU-RAY LOYAL TO NEUTRAL!

Okay well I know not for a long time there will be titles that will be sold exclusively for each format depending on which studio distributes the titles that come out. Blu-Ray movies on my PS3 come out decently and doesn't have a slow loading time like the BDP-S300 which was what I originally planned to buy but way too many people have been complaining about its slow loading time as well as most other BD players out there. So far the only one that hasn't had a lot of complaints I've seen is the one made by Panasonic but I dont like that brand at all so I'm just gonna wait and see if Sony comes out with a more flawless Blu-Ray player in 2008. I can wait for that.

Bottom line is I can't wait to experience HD Movies and viewing. I have a 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV in my room which is ready to embrace the world of HD films and whatnot. And I've become obesessed over HD viewing for some reason. It's like I HAVE to necessarily buy things on HD format whether Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.

See, I originally was a fan of only Blu-Ray but there are so many problems with Blu-Ray players right now and there were minimal from HD-DVD players. Only problems I see is that in the beginning HD-DVD players only did 720p and 1080i-max which they quickly corrected when they released the A2 and the A20 models from Toshiba. Hold on! I'm sure you hardercore people who have kept completely updated with this war from day one know better than me so I'm sure HD-DVD players have problems too. Even the State Of The Art HD-XA2 from Toshiba was reported to have a few problems from reviewers bu that's okay. That's why I'm gonna wait right now. So what I'm gonna do is just kick back and wait til the newly top of the line Toshiba HD-A35 comes out in October. When that comes out, I will buy all the titles from Universal, Paramount, Dimension, and other HD-Exclusive studios only for HD-DVD and view them on my TV. The titles on Sony/MGM/Columbia Tristar/Fox/Lionsgate films I will buy on Blu-Ray since I have a Playstation 3 system and I already started a Blu-Ray collection anyway.

I see this war will not be won in a long time. Maybe almost a decade which was almost how long it took for the Beta and VHS war to end. I am currently in my early 20's. I dont want to wait until I am 30+ and with a family and am too old and too busy with work and kids to kick back and enjoy a nice set of several HD-DVD or Blu-Ray Movies (Which ever ends up winning by then).

Last edited by AznNintendoFan1; 08-27-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a few things.....
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 AM

Talking about Neutrality, these are some words from one of the owners of "Home Theater Forum"

He is critizicing those sites that have been picking sides. I guess Digital bits is the one everyone can think of while reading this.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/form...ormat_War.html
Old 08-27-2007, 10:32 AM

@OP,

Congrats. Going neutral is the only way to go. Hopefully hardware costs will continue to drop for both side so more folks will go neutral.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 AM

Congrats and thanks for posting in the SPECIAL forum created just for this type of thread. <:-| :-# <:-| :-#
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 AM

Mr. Miyage say: Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later [kuit!!] get squish just like grape.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 AM

im glad you joined to tell us this.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 AM

Congrats, you've made a great choice
Old 08-27-2007, 11:05 AM

Going neutral from Blu to HD DVD is a lot less painful than the other way. I got in on HD DVD with the XA-1 at a high price point. A sub $250 player makes it less excrutiating.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BJD View Post
Going neutral from Blu to HD DVD is a lot less painful than the other way. I got in on HD DVD with the XA-1 at a high price point. A sub $250 player makes it less excrutiating.
That's right. A lot of people could go neutral the other way (from HD DVD to BD) if it would be possible to buy a decent BD player for $250.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
That's right. A lot of people could go neutral the other way (from HD DVD to BD) if it would be possible to buy a decent BD player for $250.
And that is precisely why I'm confident HD-DVD will win, even given Blu-Ray's current albeit insignificant lead.

Last edited by emjay; 08-27-2007 at 11:42 AM.