Why I went Red - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-16-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Why I went Red

Count me in as a small victory for HD DVD I picked up the 360 Add On today alongside 300 And Matrix Trilogy. After researching out both formats and the movies on each, it was no contest. The interactive features like PIP feature are awesome, it seems like HD DVD is light years ahead of Blu Ray in this regard. I also really wanted some of the HD DVD exclusives like Matrix Trilogy, the upcoming Heroes Season 1, and Battlestar Galactica Season 1 ... on the whole I like Universal's library much better than most of the Blu Ray exclusive companies.

After watching a 300 and Matrix I KNOW I made the right decision. The PiP in both movies is making watching them again a whole new experience.

I realize that the format may flop, but I hope that if people start speaking with their pocketbook, HD DVD will live on. Either way I'm going to be buying HD DVD movies as long as they are available.

I've never had a "at home" experience like I did watching Matrix tonight ... it was about as close to being theatrical as I've ever got. Suprisingly to me it wasn't just the PQ that was great, but the sound quality was better than anything I had ever experienced with my system. I have a decent amp and subwoof but my speakers are basic HTIB crap. Matrix however, made them sing SING like they've never sung before.!

Everything I've mentioned combined with the economical cost of the 360 HD DVD Add on ... going red just made sense.

Last edited by Bamelin; 08-16-2007 at 04:00 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:03 AM

Me and you both im pumped for heroes and 300 pip was awesome
Old 08-17-2007, 02:09 AM

Welcome to our side :-D