My Choice of HD DVD over Blu-Ray - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-14-2007, 04:14 PM

Default My Choice of HD DVD over Blu-Ray

I'm not one of those people who wishes death upon the competing format... I hope both can co-exist in some way.

But I chose HD DVD because the players were less expensive, and I caught a glimpse of the PIP extras in the "Hitcher" DVD on an in-store demo and was blown away. The movie wasn't that great, but the "U Control" experience was amazing.

Plus, I have to have Universal's catalog of great titles. "Hot Fuzz", "Shaun of the Dead", the "Bourne" series, and what's to come eventually: "Jaws", "Jurassic Park", "Back to the Future", etc. All Universal franchises, and they are exclusive (for now) to HD DVD.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:17 PM

all i can say is welcome aboard. i am not a hater, i went hd dvd because i like the selection better, and if there are more exclusives that come to blu ray to make me want it then i might consider
Old 08-15-2007, 04:26 PM

i liked that it had batman begins and v for vendetta, two of my most favorite movies, and because the add on eliminated the need for space for an extra standalone, i just sit t on my 360. Plus, it's 'DVD', more mainstream.