Finally I Made My Decision - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Finally I Made My Decision

I decided to ebay my Panasonic DMP-BD10A. I purchased the A20 and PS3 earlier today both at Best Buy and almost bought the Xbox 360 hd-dvd addon today at GameStop. The reason why that I am ebaying my Panny blu-ray player is that it would be obsolete in the fall when the new blu-ray profile is in effect and there might not play the latest bluray movies with the new profile. I am going to return the PS3 on Monday, because I am hearing a loud fan noise when playing movies on it, no good games yet until spring of 2008, and it is just pure spectulation that the PS3 will be updated with a firmware for blu-ray profile 1.1 but I do not if it is going happen. I might get the PS3 again when Sony releases the PS3 that runs cooler and fans don't run loud. I like my Xbox 360 Elite edition, because it has the best games out and I am glad that I did not buy the Xbox 360 addon, because I heard that it makes the xbox 360 fan louder since it requires more cpu power, and it does not have the advance audio decoders builtin.

The reasons why I got the A20 are:
1. Affordability
2. Excellent dvd upconversion
3. It has the final HD-DVD specifications, so no need to upgrade to a new player soon.
4. Excellent HD picture quality, even it excels in most blu-ray picture quality with the same movie.
5. Load time is decent for a 2nd generation unit.

The one thing that I miss on the A20 is the DTS-HD High Resolution Audio that was included in the Panasonic DMP-BD10A. But only a few blu-ray movies had the DTS-HD HR sound.

I hope that I will enjoy the A20 more than my soon to be obsolete blu-ray player. Now HD-DVD group must talk some of the exclusive blu-ray movie studios such as Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate to become neutral and it is unlikely that Sony will become neutral.