My claim to HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2007, 04:21 PM

Default My claim to HD DVD

I wish I had this awesome reason that talked about supporting certain studios and I received a sign from Heaven telling me to support HD DVD but the simple fact is I'd had my 40" LCD HDTV and was looking to get into the HD movie circuit.

At the time I didn't have much money and couldn't even come close to forking over the cash for a Blu-ray player so I purchased the HD DVD addon for my Xbox 360 and I haven't looked back since!

I'm enjoying my HD DVDs and I enjoy picking up more!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:59 PM

I got HD DVD to go with my HDTV because it was in my price range, but I have always planned on getting a Dual Format player when there was a fully function unit the had a reasonable price. I still see both formats surviving like DVD-R and DVD+R.

I too am happy with my HD DVD player and movies, no regrets here.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:02 PM

I totally relate with what you are saying. I don't think I would have gotten started in HD disc formats as early as last year if the entry price of the HD-A1 was not so reasonable. I was able to jump in last September so early in the cycle because I was able to get an HD DVD player for a bit over $400 at the time.

By comparison, the initial DVD Audio and SACD players took forever to come down to a reasonable price.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:05 PM

I bought into HD-DVD around July of last year because I wanted some actual HD content for my HDTV, and it was about time I replaced my upconverting player. Bought the HD-A1 due to price and the fact that the movies had a wider selection of launch titles. It was well worth it and since then I've expanded my collection quite a bit. I was staunchly against blu-ray, but eventually when I got my ps3 (for gaming) I figure I could at least get the absolutely essential films on their end. (its 6 months later, I only have 4 to speak of). I still vastly prefer HD-DVD though, and hope I get a lot of life out of it.

Of course, as I've said as of late, I have my favorite film of all time in hd, The Big Lebowski, so both format could die off tomorrow and it's still been worth it.