About this section - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-08-2007, 04:11 PM
HDD Founder

Default About this section

This subforum is dedicated to the personal stories of early adopters, and why they chose HD DVD. HD DVD format bashing will not be tolerated in this area -- if you're bruising for a fight take it to the Smackdown.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:05 PM

Default Price and The Matrix

When I moved into a house this summer, I decided it was time finally to make the plunge into hi-def. I chose HD DVD because the cheapest player at the time (Toshiba A2) was half the price of the cheapest Blu-ray player, AND because the Matrix was available on HD DVD but not Blu-ray. Shortly after that, Paramount went HD DVD exclusive, which delighted me because I am HUGE fan of Star Trek (which has been almost a moot point). In addition, I had read up on the details of the two specs and was impressed that HD DVD already has a finished spec, which required a lot of things that I have come to really enjoy and make use of, like internet connectivity and PiP functionality.

I've been very happy with HD DVD and have bought about two dozen titles since then.