I got my friend to sell his BD player for HDDVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Banned

Default I got my friend to sell his BD player for HDDVD

He just bought the Sony BDP-1, I told him it was a steaming pile of beta hardware. I chastised the bestbuy employee that duped him into buying that machine when I brought him back to the store (he doesn't know much about electronics).

He bought BD to get the new ghost rider movie, I told him it was coming out on HDDVD in another country and he could watch it.

Then I helped him order an HD-A2 from amazon.com, he actually had over 350dollars go back in his pocket. Who's a good friend?
Old 07-03-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC-1 View Post
He just bought the Sony BDP-1, I told him it was a steaming pile of beta hardware. I chastised the bestbuy employee that duped him into buying that machine when I brought him back to the store (he doesn't know much about electronics).

He bought BD to get the new ghost rider movie, I told him it was coming out on HDDVD in another country and he could watch it.

Then I helped him order an HD-A2 from amazon.com, he actually had over 350dollars go back in his pocket. Who's a good friend?
You are not a good friend at all.
You should have made him also gave up about "Ghost Rider" all for once and start getting a real movie instead.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:19 AM

My friends don't see interested either. I would of course recommend HD. Cheaper players, completed specs,no region coding etc. Of course it doesn't have the same storage space but with Microsoft's ever improving codec's, is it really necessary?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:16 PM

Quote:
If you'd read my whole sig, you'd see those are my 3 most recent purchases, they change everytime I buy a movie.

Failing to launch is what Bluray should have done, then maybe it wouldn't be a consumer electronics disaster. I can't wait until BD+ is cracked and the new discs start causing playback problems on the launch players.
Failing to launch was the story following PS3 during the whole summer of year 2006.

Failing to launch is BD-J specs.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:17 PM

my friend bought hd dvd
Old 07-03-2007, 10:18 PM

i talked my friend into buying a hd dvd add on and now he has more hd dvds than me. He also persuaded his friend to join hd dvd..and the story goes on...
Old 07-04-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:

I will never reccomend bluray to ANYONE. What a terrible format.
I would never recommend anything that is related to Sony...unless the price is right. The price is never right since they work by overating their own products. This is my personal point of view ( before 10 people jump and start asking for links to prove my personal point of view)
Old 07-06-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
what's wrong with that?

do you know how many people bought a playsation for final fantasy 7? i'd say that was a dumb decision because it was ONE game.

you could say the same about xbox and halo...

not everyone cares about price, some people actually care about having one of their favorite movies!

this thread amazes me, if I was talking about converting someone to bluray here, you'd all be hi-fiving me.

I will never reccomend bluray to ANYONE. What a terrible format.

im hi-fiving you for bringing him to hd dvd
Old 07-08-2007, 06:36 PM

This thread has now been moved to the appropriate format specific area. Please, no more smackdown in this thread!
Old 07-29-2007, 08:46 PM

Yeah I gotta agree with one of the other posts. You did a good thing by bringing him to HD-DVD but a true friend would not have let him get Ghost Rider.

J/K. ;o)