Why I went HD DVD? AND how it changed my life... Literally. - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-03-2008, 10:36 PM

CA Sup? You should work in HT and get woo'd like the rest of us.

just fyi, (no reflection of you) but the whole CA thing is a joke. Our CA's can't do anything and help in no way. There is big discussion in D70 about getting rid of that whole position. It hasn't done ANYTHING but taken warm bodies off the sales floor.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMattyP View Post
CA Sup? You should work in HT and get woo'd like the rest of us.

just fyi, (no reflection of you) but the whole CA thing is a joke. Our CA's can't do anything and help in no way. There is big discussion in D70 about getting rid of that whole position. It hasn't done ANYTHING but taken warm bodies off the sales floor.
Check out the Watercooler at work you will see that it is a really positive position across the company (As a whole)

Besides I took it because I have done BBFB (made it into the top 8th of the company with that one) ran the most successful DT in the Territory (88) and decided to move toward CEM with the close-nit roll of CAS... It is not the best but if you have a good team it is pretty sweet... again check out the watercooler and see what people are saying company wide.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeABeer View Post
Very nice story, but I'm kind of puzzled over how you would leave a career in the financial industry to make more money working at Best Buy? Is it not about the money? You obviously seem like a studied guy on the topic of technology and it makes sense to me that you love your job. Are you the guy who works for the love of the job? The one who wears a smile to work everyday and is a better person for it?

I have recently seen the light of HD DVD myself; now my large collection of DVDís seem bland and tired.
You nailed it. I love what I do, and I am very astute when it comes the electronics... I will run my own store one day and as a manager at Best Buy it is equal to the six figures that one would make as an EXTREMELY successful banker... I like to think I am much more successful driving sales of products that I love.

CHEERS
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM

You sound suspiciously like the main character in 40 Year Old Virgin. Do you ride a bicycle?

Seriously, it's great that you love what you do. I recently left a company I long admired because I hated the job, now I work for a tiny company and love what I do and love working every day. It's a good feeling.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotorr View Post
You sound suspiciously like the main character in 40 Year Old Virgin. Do you ride a bicycle?

Seriously, it's great that you love what you do. I recently left a company I long admired because I hated the job, now I work for a tiny company and love what I do and love working every day. It's a good feeling.
I do enjoy what I do, and I am far from Andy.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:15 PM

That's an incredible story but it kinda makes me feel bad for choosing hd-dvd because it was cheaper, i'm truly ashamed
Old 02-05-2008, 03:48 AM

Don't let it make your feel bad, I love my format and just purchased another 15 titles from Amazon, I love it and so should you
Old 02-13-2008, 11:31 AM

You have read my story... SO it gives me great pain to see the COO of my company siding with Blu-ray. It is something that makes me quite ill. I think it will be a big mistake in the coming years... One of those, what they HELL were they thinking moments. Sorta makes me sad to say I work there again.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:57 PM

Default Be Strong OUR Fearless HD DVD Leader

Be Strong,

I have just purchased 16 HD DVD's this week. I really appreciate your support of OUR favorite HD Platform. I wish Universal would release one of my favorite movies "The Burbs" on HD DVD. Anyways, take care and keep your chin up.

Here is a post I put on HD DVD.org (great website):

Awesome!!!

I did my part this week in supporting HD DVD. I purchased 4 from Wherehouse.com (great site to buy HD DVD new and used (I have over 10 HD DVD's from them and fast shipping and great condition of the used ones)) and 12 from Amazon.com. If you don't have "PRIME" Membership you should get one (1 month trial and then I signed up for 1 year), because you get free 2 day shipping.

Anyways, my question to you all is how many have you purchased in the last several weeks. Oh, by the way I purchased roughy 8 from SecondSpin here in Denver, CO (its part of the FYE, Sam Goody, Wherehouse.com chain (Wherehouse.com seems to have the best deals out of the online stores in this chain). SecondSpin gave me an 45% extra store credit/gift card (which you can use on the websites mentioned above) for any trade in CD's, DVD's, Games, HD DVD, and Blu Ray (no I'm not a spokesman just a very happy customer).

Viva HD DVD and Toshiba!!!!
hhhhdvd

Rob
Old 02-15-2008, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Ulrich 88 View Post
Be Strong,

I have just purchased 16 HD DVD's this week. I really appreciate your support of OUR favorite HD Platform. I wish Universal would release one of my favorite movies "The Burbs" on HD DVD. Anyways, take care and keep your chin up.

Here is a post I put on HD DVD.org (great website):

Awesome!!!

I did my part this week in supporting HD DVD. I purchased 4 from Wherehouse.com (great site to buy HD DVD new and used (I have over 10 HD DVD's from them and fast shipping and great condition of the used ones)) and 12 from Amazon.com. If you don't have "PRIME" Membership you should get one (1 month trial and then I signed up for 1 year), because you get free 2 day shipping.

Anyways, my question to you all is how many have you purchased in the last several weeks. Oh, by the way I purchased roughy 8 from SecondSpin here in Denver, CO (its part of the FYE, Sam Goody, Wherehouse.com chain (Wherehouse.com seems to have the best deals out of the online stores in this chain). SecondSpin gave me an 45% extra store credit/gift card (which you can use on the websites mentioned above) for any trade in CD's, DVD's, Games, HD DVD, and Blu Ray (no I'm not a spokesman just a very happy customer).

Viva HD DVD and Toshiba!!!!
hhhhdvd

Rob
Thanks Rob, no matter what happens I ca stand proud knowing that I chose the better of the two formats as my "frontrunner" . It is disconcerting to see the possible news from Toshiba (I think it is BS) and to see all the marketing BS from Sony (how many times can they be sued for this??) Blu-ray is in my home and I obviously love HD enough to enjoy what I can get. But, see from my totals what my choice is... NO CONTEST hhhhdvd without a doubt. I give as little money to bbblu as possible, I simply don't "believe" in it enough.