should i sell my movies and 2 players ? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 AM

i already have a ps3 and almost 50 blu ray movies plus
i think its more cool just to have one kind of HD media on my shelfs
i think i will get rid of my hd dvds guys ......

thanks everybody !!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:24 AM

That was an interesting discussion. I guess if you've already decided to stick to just one type of HD media, getting back a little of the money you spent can buy a few bluray discs. Haha

It was interesting that the majority of replies all suggested keeping your HD DVDs and players . I wonder... if you had posted your original query over at the Bluray forum, would the responses have been very much different from what you got over here ?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:39 AM

I'm always puzzled to see somebody ask for advice, then proceed by ignoring all that they receive.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauri View Post
"You have that vacant look in your eyes that says, 'Hold my head to your ear: you will hear the sea!'"

Hey Centauri, I love you sig ! Where did this quote come from ?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:37 AM

Heh. Yeah, it's a good one.

It's a quote from the character in my avatar, Londo Mollari.

There's a few gems in there.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauri View Post
I'm always puzzled to see somebody ask for advice, then proceed by ignoring all that they receive.
Your wisdom knows no bounds, Centauri. I was thinking the same thing and then I read your post. Cant help people that dont want to be helped..even if they ASK for it,lol.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:32 PM

Who will buy movies that have to ship from Brazil??? Those prices better be dam good!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Your wisdom knows no bounds, Centauri. I was thinking the same thing and then I read your post. Cant help people that dont want to be helped..even if they ASK for it,lol.
Hehe... It's just that I've noticed people, in general, don't seem to ask for advice on something until after they've already given it a good deal of thought. Enough thought to have already made of their minds.

It's counterintuitive, but it seems to be the norm.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:16 PM

I think many of us have dealt with this question at one time or another since HD DVD threw in the towel but I also think it's one of those questions that no one can answer for you.

I've come very close to selling a couple of times but to me it just doesn't make financial sense. The money's already gone and I'm not going to get enough back by selling to replace the movies on BD (maybe not even enough to get some on crappy SD DVD). Like someone said earlier the longer I wait to rebuy my HD DVD collection on Blu-ray the cheaper the BD's will be. Whether I keep or sell my HD DVD's doesn't really save me (or cost me) any money in the long run.

If someone needed money quick I might recommend selling but that is really about the only reason I think selling makes sense.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM

I ask advice to confirm my own formed opinion after giving a great deal of thought to something. However, if all of the advice given is the opposite of my opinion, as is the case here, I usually go with the advice (especially at a place like this or avsforum with fairly knowledgeable posters).