Formerly Blu-ray exclusive, neutral now! - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-27-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
Cleeve owned an HD DVD player before. And can you blame him? Why limit yourself to less than half the studios as an HD DVD owner and not go Blu?
i concure with ack.. dont be a dick #2
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Banned

Yes, just be a subtle hd-dvd fanboy and hide facts that hurt your case such as the fact that Cleeve was reluctantly exclusive to begin with.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeve View Post
I don't know how anyone, on either side of the format war, could be format exclusive and happy at this point.
I'm happy with just HD DVD. It beats just having DVD (of which I still watch quite a bit of).
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I'm happy with just HD DVD. It beats just having DVD (of which I still watch quite a bit of).
If you had a Blu-Ray player, you would most likely watch even less of DVD
Old 08-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Quote:
I went neutral because I'm smart and want to watch as many movies as possible, simple as that.

I have no loyalties towards any format or company, just towards movies.

I had no problem holding off from HD DVD when it only had Universal and seemed to have an extremely grim future, but now that Paramounts there, there's no way I'd not go neutral.

I don't know how anyone, on either side of the format war, could be format exclusive and happy at this point.
Amen brother... My sentiments exactly.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:58 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bak View Post
If you had a Blu-Ray player, you would most likely watch even less of DVD
take it easy... not everyone can afford them expensive blu ray players... the time for mass adoption comes this christmas for hd dvd
Old 08-27-2007, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Yup, just got the 360 HD DVD addon. I don't even have any movies yet, but I'll be picking up either Lost in Translation or the Matrix Trilogy tonight.

I'm def buying a HD DVD player soon(transformers release), but in no way would it be the inferior add on for the 360, XA2 maybe?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillysports8982 View Post
I'm def buying a HD DVD player soon(transformers release), but in no way would it be the inferior add on for the 360, XA2 maybe?

i'm getting a good standalone player... but the 360 hd player is still the cheapest and has real fast loading times and at the tv my add on is at, the reciever only has 5.1 optical/coax so no need just yet... an hd-a2/a20/xa2/a3/xa3 would just be an excuse to upgrade my reciever... and my credit card company would be saying "baad eric..." and then they would proceed to rape me unprotectedly for intrest.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
well i do - i can only watch so many movies on the weekend and i don't really watch movies during the week

i have several bluray discs i havent had the chance to watch yet and by the looks of things from fox who announced 29 titles last monday and have already added four more to that list since, i will be well taken care of and very happy

i will not buy into hddvd technology until i see the format war carrying on another year or two with no resolve
Old 08-27-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Yup, just got the 360 HD DVD addon. I don't even have any movies yet, but I'll be picking up either Lost in Translation or the Matrix Trilogy tonight.
Everything looks better in purple.