Because I'm a whore for HD. HAPPY?! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Default Because I'm a whore for HD. HAPPY?!

It's true. In the months before HD DVD came to the market, I was all set to wait for Blu Ray, because I figured it would win. It was day three of HD DVD being out, when I started reading reviews of the players and the discs that were coming out(which included Serenity, my most desired HD movie at the time), and day 4 when I caved and bought an HD DVD player, it was a used in store demo from a high end stereo place across town(apparently it was the only one in the DFW metroplex for sale), they gave me a whopping 5% discount for it being used lol.

When Blu Ray finally came out, I lasted a whole month! Same deal, I was a firm backer of HD DVD by then, but I started reading reviews of the exclusive BD discs and caved. Plus the alluring fast loading time of the PS3 compared to the 1:15 seconds to get a picture after telling the HD DVD player to open. And I immediatly started buying the BD versions of movies if I had a choice in formats, those old insticts kicking back in.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:58 PM

um, because of the slim selection of 3D movies available in HD DVD?... :biggrin:

Seriously, though, I got into HD pretty much after the War was over - I 've never even seen an HD DVD anywhere in person... But in the same manner as you state, Plissken, I'll say "I'm a whore for 3D HD!" :yay:
Old 09-10-2012, 11:38 AM

But I like all those selections irrespective of their features