anyone have experience with this ebay seller? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-20-2009, 11:26 PM

Default anyone have experience with this ebay seller?

just curious if anyone knows or has bought from the ebay seller you.make.us.number.1? this guy sells blu-ray movies, disc only, NEVER EVER with a case or artwork. i think it's fishy. he ALWAYS starts them at .99 with no reserve and free shipping.

what i find fishy, is the guy says he buys his movies from closeout video stores. i gotta call bs on that, because i don't think there's that many video stores closing on a weekly basis, and he ALWAYS has the new releases every week.

he already has listed and sold multiple copies of x-men origins wolverine, van helsing, and dance flick which have been out around less than a week. just days after their release, he had tons of copies of adventureland, braveheart, the informers, and still has them listed.

like i said, i find it hard to believe that many video stores are closing on a weekly basis and just willing to sell this guy their less than one week old releases at rock bottom prices. in my opinion, i think this stuff is either stolen or fakes. i've been trying to buy some movies from him so i could check them out, but without case or artwork, i don't want to pay over $8 for a movie and seems i get outbid every time.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:25 AM

isnt that the same guy who got banned from here when he spammed the buying av equipment thread saying he would buy Disney rewards codes?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:35 AM

He has 7000 positive feedbacks with no mention of fakes i could see so he must be pretty legit.
Whenever i got a burned dvd from ebay i could spot it immediately.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Former Member

Dr_Teeth, that guy had a different name.

as for ebayers selling discs with no cases or art, i hate 'em. i especially hate how ebay usually lets them list the item with a picture of the item for sale. you're not getting what's pictured, so that should be prohibited.

that said, i saw a copy of Full Metal Panic on blu go for less than 4 bucks, free shipping, from this guy a few weeks back. THAT was NUTS!

then again, ebay sucks ass. so that makes sense. sucky policies from a sucky company
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 AM

my biggest concern is where he's getting all this stuff. close out video stores don't make sense. the last video store to close down ANYWHERE NEAR me was before the inception of blu-ray even hit video stores. odds are, if it's just mom n pop video stores, can't be that many near this guy, and i can't figure out how he'd know some random mom n pop store would closing down in bumville, idaho.

also, it can't be blockbusters, because i would assume stock at a closing blockbuster would be dispersed to other remaining locations or sent back to the main headquarters and not sold to some random guy/ebay seller off the streets for pennies on the dollar.

at first thought, i would say, maybe the guy has a bunch of different people stealing this stuff for him. but that doesn't seem logical either. so unless i'm missing something, either he's selling bootlegs, or maybe he has some super secret industry connection. and i could be very very very wrong, but it is just really hard for me to believe the close out video store explanation.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxsic View Post
my biggest concern is where he's getting all this stuff. close out video stores don't make sense. the last video store to close down ANYWHERE NEAR me was before the inception of blu-ray even hit video stores. odds are, if it's just mom n pop video stores, can't be that many near this guy, and i can't figure out how he'd know some random mom n pop store would closing down in bumville, idaho.

also, it can't be blockbusters, because i would assume stock at a closing blockbuster would be dispersed to other remaining locations or sent back to the main headquarters and not sold to some random guy/ebay seller off the streets for pennies on the dollar.

at first thought, i would say, maybe the guy has a bunch of different people stealing this stuff for him. but that doesn't seem logical either. so unless i'm missing something, either he's selling bootlegs, or maybe he has some super secret industry connection. and i could be very very very wrong, but it is just really hard for me to believe the close out video store explanation.
Maybe he has a connection in Hong Kong or somewhere and gets bulk. Are you the FBI?
Old 09-21-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
Maybe he has a connection in Hong Kong or somewhere and gets bulk. Are you the FBI?
lmao, no, not the FBI. truth be known, just jealous cuz i want in on some of the cheap bd goodness and would like to be making money hand over fist like this guy.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxsic View Post
lmao, no, not the FBI. truth be known, just jealous cuz i want in on some of the cheap bd goodness and would like to be making money hand over fist like this guy.
are you SURE you're not the FBI?

that'd be awesome, yo.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:01 PM

Are you kidding me... this guy is straight jacking these movies. Slice it open at retail locations, sell the discs on ebay for a profit. Happens a lot, he'll get caught eventually. Any scheme like that eventually ends up going sour!!

I'd still buy from him though... lol
Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
Are you kidding me... this guy is straight jacking these movies. Slice it open at retail locations, sell the discs on ebay for a profit. Happens a lot, he'll get caught eventually. Any scheme like that eventually ends up going sour!!

I'd still buy from him though... lol
sshhhh, toxsic will come and lock you up