Meet the new Buffalo Bill - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-07-2009, 08:14 PM

Default Meet the new Buffalo Bill

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

Quote:
ORCHARD PARK, NEW YORK (TICKER) —Terrell Owens needed just two days to find a landing spot.

Owens reached a one-year agreement with the Buffalo Bills on Saturday, according to a report by NFL.com. The deal reportedly is worth $6.5 million.

The Bills have called a press conference for 6:15 p.m. EST on Saturday.

Citing multiple sources, FOXSports.com reported earlier Saturday that Owens, who was released by the Dallas Cowboys on Thursday, was in town meeting with Bills officials.

Owens was let go following a tumultuous three-year tenure in Dallas. His release came after a turbulent 2008 campaign in which the flamboyant wideout was caught up in several controversies and the Cowboys - thought to be Super Bowl contenders - failed to make the playoffs.

A six-time Pro Bowl selection, Owens ranks No. 2 all-time in touchdowns by a receiver with 139, but he has been a lightning rod for controversy throughout his career.

Owens still managed to catch 69 balls for 1,052 yards - his ninth 1,000-yard season in his 13-year career - with 10 touchdowns last season. In his three years with the Cowboys, Owens had 235 receptions for 3,587 yards and 38 touchdowns.

But despite being the only wideout to pull in 10 scoring receptions in each of the last three seasons, Owens left his third NFL team under a cloud of controversy - much like his previous ugly departures in San Francisco and Philadelphia.

In a career tinged with conflicts among teammates and management, Owens has put up Hall of Fame numbers in 13 seasons with the Cowboys, Eagles and 49ers, compiling 951 catches (sixth all-time) for 14,122 yards (fifth).

Late last season, Owens reportedly had a minor falling out with Tony Romo and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, apparently complaining about the quarterback’s propensity to focus on tight end Jason Witten rather than Owens himself.

While each of the three players brushed off any suggestion of an internal conflict, T.O.’s reputation as a clubhouse killer was maintained - particularly when he publicly criticized Garrett’s play-calling.

Owens had signed a $34 million extension last June that included a $12.9 million signing bonus, translating into a $9 million salary-cap hit to the Cowboys for 2009.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:03 AM

He will destroy Trent Edwards....Cowboys will blow it again because of Romo not being a big game QB....

Bills will still suck....Cowboys will still have the talent and not be able to do anything with it. Wade Phillips will be fired and Mike Shanahan will be the new Cowboys coach eventually.

Last edited by redsoxlucas; 03-08-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:58 PM

I didnt see this thread

TO is a crybaby but he is good.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
I didnt see this thread

TO is a crybaby but he is good.
He is alright....he has lost a lot.....
Old 03-08-2009, 09:24 PM

Ive never been a fan of loud players. I always thought that as he aged TO would calm himself down but once a jackass always a jackass. Im a diehard Giants fan so seeing a division rival rid themselves of a talen like Owens makes me smile a bit but I cant stand the fact thats hes in my State now. Im not going to lie, I am thinking about cathcing a Bills game this season to see him play.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:21 AM

We'll see how long he lasts on this team. He isnt getting any younger that is for sure.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 PM

Best of luck with this dickhead diva. We had to deal with TO in San Fran. It won't be long till he's pissing someone off, or making some idiotic comment. He did get somewhat blindsided Survivor style by the Cowboys, but oh well. I had to laugh for a moment at his press conference when he was blabbing like a baby " That's my team, and that's my quarterback". Kind of felt bad for a second, then laughed again.
It's only a one year contract, we'll see where he is next season.
Wasn't he suppose to have a reality t.v. show?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:56 PM

when I saw the headline I thought it was about a new serial killer on the rampage.
I just watched "Silence...." the other day.
lol.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Blu's View Post
Best of luck with this dickhead diva. We had to deal with TO in San Fran. It won't be long till he's pissing someone off, or making some idiotic comment. He did get somewhat blindsided Survivor style by the Cowboys, but oh well. I had to laugh for a moment at his press conference when he was blabbing like a baby " That's my team, and that's my quarterback". Kind of felt bad for a second, then laughed again.
It's only a one year contract, we'll see where he is next season.
Wasn't he suppose to have a reality t.v. show?
what has san fran done since T.O. left? Nothing wait they got another "Diva" named vernon davis lol
Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
We'll see how long he lasts on this team. He isnt getting any younger that is for sure.
At this poist in his career I thinkg hes mainly playing for 2 things, Money, and records. Hes only 2nd to Rice in touchdown passes caught but right now I doubt hell get that kuich closer to that record. I never heard he had a reality show in the works.they should put in Espn and he could run around with a football around his neck like Flava Flav does with giant clocks.