Fame = Above the law - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Default Fame = Above the law

I'm getting so sick and tired of famous people breaking the law and then turning around and saying I didn't do it.
Once again we have another actor, this time around it's Matt Dillon. I like the guy as an actor, no problem there. But this bugged the hell out of me. On Dec. 30th Mr. Dillon was caught speeding at 106 M.P.H., he said to the officer who approached his car when pulled over " I screwed up, I know, I know".
Now the attorney for Dillon has put in a Not Guilty plea for him and this incident. What?
What is he not guilty of ?
Be a man Mr. Dillon, and say I messed up and I take full RESPONSIBILITY for my actions. I would, and i'm sure everyone else would have more respect for you if you did that, than hiding behind a lawyer, who's trying to get you out of an incident you clearly commited.
This is getting to be outlandish, we have the Hilton idiot who got away with everything she did, her good friend Ritchie who got away with everything, and the list goes on and on. When are these people going to realize they need to take their lumps just like everyone else who commits a crime.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Blu's View Post
I'm getting so sick and tired of famous people breaking the law and then turning around and saying I didn't do it.
Once again we have another actor, this time around it's Matt Dillon. I like the guy as an actor, no problem there. But this bugged the hell out of me. On Dec. 30th Mr. Dillon was caught speeding at 106 M.P.H., he said to the officer who approached his car when pulled over " I screwed up, I know, I know".
Now the attorney for Dillon has put in a Not Guilty plea for him and this incident. What?
Be a man Mr. Dillon, and say I messed up and I take full RESPONSIBILITY for my actions. I would, and i'm sure everyone else would have more respect for you if you did that, than hiding behind a lawyer, who's trying to get you out of an incident you clearly commited.
This is getting to be outlandish, we have the Hilton idiot who got away with everything she did, her good friend Ritchie who got away with everything, and the list goes on and on. When are these people going to realize they need to take their lumps just like everyone else who commits a crime.
Welcome to the US, where the level jurisprudence applied is relative to the amount of money you have to spend on an attorney.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM

and this is exactly the type of crap that there in no need for. It is a simle speeding violation. They think the press that comes with denying speeding is going to be less than just paying their damn ticket?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 PM

106 miles an hour is more than a speeding ticket. It is reckless driving or negligent driving which could cause him to loose his insurace or at the least make it go way up. It would cost much more than just the ticket. Most everyone would fight a ticket that could cost them their insurance and/or alot of money. There is usually no such thing as bad publicity also. Unless you are Michael Jackson press is a good thing.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv Blu's View Post
I agree with everything you said. I like Dillon too...as an actor. As a person, I dont know the man personally..but this does not help his image to others by trying to get out of something that he CLEARLY is at fault for. This is not a murder in the 1st degree court case!! It is a freakin speeding violation!! You are caught dead to rights on those. Very rarely do these get overturned...unless of course your an actor and you can make some deal with the judge. I think the characters that actors portray are more intresting and, in some cases, more likable than the actors themselves. I am still waiting for that Madoff jerk to get what is coming to him. He is allowed to be under house arrest when he scamed billions from his victims!!! Where the hell is the justice process in that!! Put the guy in jail til his trial..just like everybody else!!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 AM

Wow.... speeding on the open road and stealing the life savings of thousands of people cant really be compared.....

like I said, if any of us were charged with that we would try and use a lawer to mitigate the damage to our lives, pocket books, driving record etc......
Old 01-23-2009, 04:06 AM

If he gets out of it because he's famous then i have a problem with it but that's a heavy charge and if he's got the cash then he likely should fight it.
I know people who fight every ticket they get,showing up in court hoping at least that the arresting officer won't show up and yes all those female celebutards who get sent to jail for 2 hrs like Richie should burn in hell..
Old 01-23-2009, 04:11 AM

This is so weird to me because I am usually on the law and order side of these discussions. I think that we need to spend alot more time keeping these corperate big wigs that steal whole peoples lives than some socialite girls who dont show up for community service or took a harmless joyride..
Old 01-23-2009, 04:14 AM

Well at least Boy George is going to the slammer, the creep.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
This is so weird to me because I am usually on the law and order side of these discussions. I think that we need to spend alot more time keeping these corperate big wigs that steal whole peoples lives than some socialite girls who dont show up for community service or took a harmless joyride..
You're right.The media,paparazzi should follow these thieves around and post pics of them in fancy restaurants or vacationing on their yaughts while the suckers they stole pensions from work till they're 70.
It never seems to happen though.
I have read a story about a money manager who blew his brains out though after he lost billions.