Microsoft wireless entertainment desktop 7000 - awesome! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-05-2008, 09:00 PM

Default Microsoft wireless entertainment desktop 7000 - awesome!

I am of course talking about Microsofts latest keyboard and mouse combo's which debuted around the same time as the vista operating system. I ended up deciding to pick up the mid range package (7000) after my last Microsoft Natural keyboard (wireless mm black version) started acting up. Mainly certain keys and key combinations didn't work, for instance I couldn't type a ? to save my life.

So today my package showed up from amazon.com, so I decided to skip the gym and set up the new keyboard and mouse. All I can say is that this is a completely awesome set. The keyboard is incredibly thin, but it's not junky. It's got some weight too it, and feels very solid, the keys are perhaps a little too frim out of the box, but I am thinking that they'll lossen up and be just right with moderate usage. The layout is very compact, logical and easy to adjust to, seriously I'm picking up typing on this keyboard faster than I did transitioning to the natural in the first place, or to my laptop after years of natural useage.

The mouse is recharageable which is great. Charging is done by laying the mouse on the charger pad which is packaged with the keyboard and mouse. The feel of the mouse over all is fairly natural and easy to get used to. The only nitpick I have about it is unlike with the previous intillimouse explorer 2.0 (wireless) instead of having the back and forward buttons on the left side of the mouse next to eachother they opted for back on left forward on the right. This is a little more awkward to use, as previously all I had to do was push a little with the right area of my thumb.

Over all, I'd say if you've found that it's about time to get a new keyboard or keyboard/mouse combo you should for sure look into getting one of these devices. You'll be very happy you did, and you can get it all for as little as $80 shipped on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wire...8528211&sr=8-1
Old 12-05-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzeto View Post
I am of course talking about Microsofts latest keyboard and mouse combo's which debuted around the same time as the vista operating system. I ended up deciding to pick up the mid range package (7000) after my last Microsoft Natural keyboard (wireless mm black version) started acting up. Mainly certain keys and key combinations didn't work, for instance I couldn't type a ? to save my life.

So today my package showed up from amazon.com, so I decided to skip the gym and set up the new keyboard and mouse. All I can say is that this is a completely awesome set. The keyboard is incredibly thin, but it's not junky. It's got some weight too it, and feels very solid, the keys are perhaps a little too frim out of the box, but I am thinking that they'll lossen up and be just right with moderate usage. The layout is very compact, logical and easy to adjust to, seriously I'm picking up typing on this keyboard faster than I did transitioning to the natural in the first place, or to my laptop after years of natural useage.

The mouse is recharageable which is great. Charging is done by laying the mouse on the charger pad which is packaged with the keyboard and mouse. The feel of the mouse over all is fairly natural and easy to get used to. The only nitpick I have about it is unlike with the previous intillimouse explorer 2.0 (wireless) instead of having the back and forward buttons on the left side of the mouse next to eachother they opted for back on left forward on the right. This is a little more awkward to use, as previously all I had to do was push a little with the right area of my thumb.

Over all, I'd say if you've found that it's about time to get a new keyboard or keyboard/mouse combo you should for sure look into getting one of these devices. You'll be very happy you did, and you can get it all for as little as $80 shipped on amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wire...8528211&sr=8-1
Bluetooth too...looks like a great ps3 keyboard.

Price looks like it went up though...You apparently got a sweet deal.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid View Post
Bluetooth too...looks like a great ps3 keyboard.

Price looks like it went up though...You apparently got a sweet deal.
I used the "xxx new/used" link