'Wicked' the Musical - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Default 'Wicked' the Musical

Has anyone seen it? Is it good?

My mom asked me the other day what I wanted for Christmas, and I think I'm gonna ask her to buy me a ticket for it . It's going to have a show in Kentucky in January (four days after my b-day )

I got into it after listening to the soundtrack, which has some great music

I'm really getting into it now. I watched 'Tin Man' the other day to write a review and it like sucked me in, lol. After that watched 'Wizard of Oz.' Then watched a couple of other movies and then started watching 'Tin Man' again ans still haven't gotton done with the review, although it's mostly done.

Day before yesterday I ordered the book "Wicked" and the two "sequels" "Son of a Witch" and 'A Lion Among Men"
Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Former Member

i've never heard of it, but i'm already on the hook for the legally blonde musical if it ever hits video....i don't want to be forced into another musical that i don't want to be sucked into within potentially the same calendar year.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:47 PM

I still want to see Spamalot. Every time that I've had the opportunity to go and see it, something stupidly wrong happens.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandellG View Post
Has anyone seen it? Is it good?

My mom asked me the other day what I wanted for Christmas, and I think I'm gonna ask her to buy me a ticket for it . It's going to have a show in Kentucky in January (four days after my b-day )

I got into it after listening to the soundtrack, which has some great music

I'm really getting into it now. I watched 'Tin Man' the other day to write a review and it like sucked me in, lol. After that watched 'Wizard of Oz.' Then watched a couple of other movies and then started watching 'Tin Man' again ans still haven't gotton done with the review, although it's mostly done.

Day before yesterday I ordered the book "Wicked" and the two "sequels" "Son of a Witch" and 'A Lion Among Men"

Unrelated... but I was gonna say I have that Drew Stuzan poster of Shawshank hanging in my office... I resized it 30X40 in movie-poster form and framed it up... Good avitar choice

Old 11-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiequest View Post
Unrelated... but I was gonna say I have that Drew Stuzan poster of Shawshank hanging in my office... I resized it 30X40 in movie-poster form and framed it up... Good avitar choice
Ya, I'm so gonna have to buy me two of them One to keep the other to hang up to cover my hole in the wall . Best movie EVER!

But back on to the topic, my mom said we could go
Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 PM

Woohooo just bought my ticket. Row A seat 17 $138.80 total

For Thursday, January 08, 2009 2pm

So close I'll be able to see the witches undergarments
Old 11-08-2008, 07:30 AM

Gotta tell you... seen it in London 4 Times....

LOVE IT!! Totally turns the story of The Wizard Of Oz on it's head.... see the Story of two girls who by fate are thrown together against all odds to become best of friends.

Great songs... kinda sad I missed Idina Menzel play the part in london... she's a great actress and singer but Hollywood beckons her forth now... who knows, rumours are that since Mama Mia took off in such a super duper way that Wicked may be the next musical on the movies to make list as Universal own the rights.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:17 PM

I'm so glad you've got your ticket! Be aware that the musical doesn't necessarily follow the book.

I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Wicked on Broadway, Los Angeles, and Denver. It's a wonderful experience. It's a very touching story of friendship and following your dreams.

BTW, the ending is absolutely KILLER!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM

And I just got my ticket in the MAIL

Can't wait
Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM

lol... I was just singing Defyin Gravity.... and logged on to see this thread alive again.

Ohhhhhhhhhh I so hope they make the movie, it'd be interesting to see how a director would approach it...