The Little Mermaid - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Default The Little Mermaid

Am I the only one who's always been bothered by this movie?

There are so many things wrong with the movie imo. A mermaid starts feeling emotions towards a human being, begins to want more than she already has, she wants legs.

She then ends up selling her soul and voice to an Octopus named Ursula, and she's doing this all behind her family's back, secret dealings.

She then washes up to shore and doesn't talk and he still takes her in and falls in love.

Then Ursula, this nasty overweight octopus turns into a "even prettier" version of Ariel to seduce a human being. Who knows what she did? She ends up putting a spell on him via a form of witchcraft to brainwash him.

They then get on the boat to get married, and all these crazy animals start trying to help Ariel get her man back.

The prince then finds out Ariel is a mermaid, and still stays with her in the end, I'm sorry but that sounds so sick. She probably has disgusting teeth from living in that nasty water, and she probably smells like fish.

They then have a daughter in the next movie, so she pretty much had a whole body system change, because they probably wouldn't be able to have kids via the rule of certain creatures not able to create babies when together.

Yeah I know I'm taking it too seriously, but this movie has always bugged and disturbed me as a kid.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
Am I the only one who's always been bothered by this movie?

There are so many things wrong with the movie imo. A mermaid starts feeling emotions towards a human being, begins to want more than she already has, she wants legs......

....The prince then finds out Ariel is a mermaid, and still stays with her in the end, I'm sorry but that sounds so sick. She probably has disgusting teeth from living in that nasty water, and she probably smells like fish.....

What's wrong with her wanting more? It is not like she fell in love with his dog, they are both humanoid and very similar in characteristics.

And she looked mighty beautiful in the cartoon, whenever her teeth flashed they were clean as can be and he was never put off by her *scent*, so maybe she took a shower...which normally cleans
Old 07-19-2008, 10:05 AM

deffinately speaks about tollerence for people who are different to, and that they have feelings.

what should bother you is the sexual inuendos they threw in the film, and on the origional cover
Old 07-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIHB View Post
deffinately speaks about tollerence for people who are different to, and that they have feelings.

what should bother you is the sexual inuendos they threw in the film, and on the origional cover
That was a major part of it as well.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kch2003 View Post
What's wrong with her wanting more? It is not like she fell in love with his dog, they are both humanoid and very similar in characteristics.

And she looked mighty beautiful in the cartoon, whenever her teeth flashed they were clean as can be and he was never put off by her *scent*, so maybe she took a shower...which normally cleans
Yeah but she's part fish, if I give a fish a bath it will still have a fishy scent. I can't imagine their honey moon.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-News.com View Post
That was a major part of it as well.
they had that stuff in Aladdin, Lion King, Rescuers Down Under. Disney is dirty,

my favorite was the phallus-shape blended into the sea caslte on posters and the origional VHS case
Old 07-19-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
they had that stuff in Aladdin, Lion King, Rescuers Down Under. Disney is dirty,

my favorite was the phallus-shape blended into the sea caslte on posters and the origional VHS case
I know it really is quite funny!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeeswish View Post
I know it really is quite funny!
the priest was bulging at the wedding
Old 07-19-2008, 10:22 AM

you can also see Jessica Rabbit's vag in a scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit...
Old 07-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
the priest was bulging at the wedding
OMG that was hilarious, and I saw the Jessica Rabbit thing too! Funny stuff.