How many musicians are on here? It could be fun to post transcriptions here. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-24-2008, 01:25 AM

Default How many musicians are on here? It could be fun to post transcriptions here.

I just put together a quick transcription of the theme to the movie "Cannibal Holocaust" for another thread and thought that there might be some other musicians on here. I then thought it might be fun to post transcriptions of movie themes, songs, etc. on here for fun.

Here's the theme to "Cannibal Holocaust," as I remember it. I don't actually have the movie anymore, so this is just from memory... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by IceNine; 06-24-2008 at 01:54 AM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:41 AM

haha nice.
I've been taking guitar(acoustic & electric) for 6 years.
Got my Epi SG 62', Yamaha electric/acoustic, and a cheaper Johnson Acoustic.

Oh and....
8 months playing drums on my 360.

But what are you asking? To record the theme song for you?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceNine View Post
I just put together a quick transcription of the theme to the movie "Cannibal Holocaust" for another thread and thought that there might be some other musicians on here. I then thought it might be fun to post transcriptions of movie themes, songs, etc. on here for fun.

Here's the theme to "Cannibal Holocaust," as I remember it. I don't actually have the movie anymore, so this is just from memory... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Note: the A is natural in bars 5 - 8.
Wish I knew how to read pitch and octave by looking at them, but I only know tempo and beats... you guessed it... Drummer We play by ear 98% of the time anyway unless we're in a Drum-corps and have to read and write the music.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiequest View Post
Wish I knew how to read pitch and octave by looking at them, but I only know tempo and beats... you guessed it... Drummer We play by ear 98% of the time anyway unless we're in a Drum-corps and have to read and write the music.
Hey, somebody who knows Drum Corps!

BD 4 life

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught X View Post
Hey, somebody who knows Drum Corps!

BD 4 life
Snare here... but I always loved the tri-toms the most for sound and rhythm, just never had the time to play them and master them, when you're competeing against 10 others for a top spot you dont have time to experiment with other instruments
Old 06-24-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiequest View Post
I actually just re-did the transcription, as I was thinking in B Major when playing it... it is not actually in B Major. It is actually in E Major... d'oh!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
haha nice.
I've been taking guitar(acoustic & electric) for 6 years.
Got my Epi SG 62', Yamaha electric/acoustic, and a cheaper Johnson Acoustic.

Oh and....
8 months playing drums on my 360.

But what are you asking? To record the theme song for you?
I'm not so much asking for anything as seeing if anyone wants to transcribe songs, melodies, etc. and write them out for others... just for fun.

I suppose you'd have to own a scanner or digital camera to make the process work properly, but it could be fun. I am enough of a nerd to enjoy transcribing music, writing it out, scanning it, putting it on photobucket and then posting it for others.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Well, here's another... I was listening to a great Klezmer disc this morning and decided to put another simple melody up... this is such a great melody:

Old 06-24-2008, 11:24 PM

Well, here's the intro to "Suicide" by Devin Townsend...

Old 06-27-2008, 09:19 PM

I know, I know... I'm the only guitarist here, but here's one more little bit...

This is the intro to "Race with Devil on Spanish Highway" by Al DiMeola. I am transcribing it for someone this weekend... if I get time. I did the first of it, at least.