Bye Bye Windows. - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-18-2007, 02:06 AM

Talking Bye Bye Windows.

Ok guys I'm officially a Mac User I got my laptop today. Hasta la Vista Windows. Adios.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:47 AM

O how I so want to follow. I have had my eye on a little black MacBook. I am running RC2 on my computer now and I have til June or so before I am forced to make a decision about giving MS any more money for the crap OS that is Vista.

The thing that burns me the most is that for the last decade MS has been saying that they are going to start over with the OS and build it from the ground up. They have claimed it yet again for the next one due in 2 years. Or I mean 5 years when it accually comes but with 1/2 of the promised features.

Wow. sounds like I need a mac after all. It's just that I know almost nothing about macs at all. I will have to start all over.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:13 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
O how I so want to follow. I have had my eye on a little black MacBook. I am running RC2 on my computer now and I have til June or so before I am forced to make a decision about giving MS any more money for the crap OS that is Vista.

The thing that burns me the most is that for the last decade MS has been saying that they are going to start over with the OS and build it from the ground up. They have claimed it yet again for the next one due in 2 years. Or I mean 5 years when it accually comes but with 1/2 of the promised features.

Wow. sounds like I need a mac after all. It's just that I know almost nothing about macs at all. I will have to start all over.
Wait until Leopard comes along that is going to be the new OS for Mac.It's due this year.I'm very impatient that's my problem.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Formerly Acerone

Mac owner here. MacBrook Pro... And my 78 year old father has the iMac.

Last edited by BuyHDOnline; 03-18-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:32 AM

I love mac's. I have an iMac and a MacBook Pro. I'm actually trying to get rid of the MacBook Pro so I can just buy the MacBook (don't need that much power on my laptop anymore).
Old 03-18-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
Ok guys I'm officially a Mac User I got my laptop today. Hasta la Vista Windows. Adios.

Welcome to the light side. Ive always been a PC user myself (unless you consider my first Macintonish from like 93 a computer) untill about 5 years ago. A friend of mine told me about them and I didnt know jack squat. I just went on Apple's site, customized a PowerMac G5 and almost $5k later, I had a mac and ive not looked back sense.

Yea, I got a monster gaming PC but once you've been on the Mac side, my PC does nothing to tickle me what-so-ever. Its just so blah and even worse is Vista. I have to deal with Vista on a daily bases with so many different customers and that POS Blu-Screens all the god damn time. Programs dont work and sweet got, the Apple Commercial are so right on

You just clicked Wireless, are you sure you wanted it?
Yes
So you want the Wireless for internet?
Yes
Wireless not found. Diognose why?
Yes
Wireless is turned off. Do you want to turn it on?
Yes
You wireless is now turned on. Click Yes to Continue?
*throws a sticky Gernade at the Computer*

Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalprelude View Post

Welcome to the light side. Ive always been a PC user myself (unless you consider my first Macintonish from like 93 a computer) untill about 5 years ago. A friend of mine told me about them and I didnt know jack squat. I just went on Apple's site, customized a PowerMac G5 and almost $5k later, I had a mac and ive not looked back sense.

Yea, I got a monster gaming PC but once you've been on the Mac side, my PC does nothing to tickle me what-so-ever. Its just so blah and even worse is Vista. I have to deal with Vista on a daily bases with so many different customers and that POS Blu-Screens all the god damn time. Programs dont work and sweet got, the Apple Commercial are so right on

You just clicked Wireless, are you sure you wanted it?
Yes
So you want the Wireless for internet?
Yes
Wireless not found. Diognose why?
Yes
Wireless is turned off. Do you want to turn it on?
Yes
You wireless is now turned on. Click Yes to Continue?
*throws a sticky Gernade at the Computer*

What a light my brother.Mac is the way to go.This is my third post with the new macbook.Just to make a long story short my girlfriend is jelous because she is claiming that I am giving more attention to the mac than her.I think she is wrong though.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:31 AM

I am sorry guys not to rain on your perade but mac's a lemons...always have problems they over heat, the ipods are like chryslers!....never work solid for a year....also for the record the commercials are totally lame, and it shows that they have lost creativity in themselves and have resorted to the "Pizza Hut" style of marketing where you just attack the generic competition . Microsoft may have issues but hey apple wishes people pay that much attention to them......actually maybe they don't
Old 03-19-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbawlz View Post
it shows that they have lost creativity in themselves and have resorted to the "Pizza Hut" style of marketing where you just attack the generic competition.
I totally have to agree with this. I am always so disappointed when a company or brand attacks their biggest competition to try to win customers over. It's much like the current Cingular/AT&T commercials attacking Sprint - "more coverage in more cities worldwide..." Yeah, who cares about worldwide - I want my cell phone to work in the US where I live!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:15 AM

I am pretty darn up to speed when it comes to PC's. I have built my last few from parts. My beef with them is software. I have gotten to the point where I am afraid to install anything. Every little thing has to dig into the registry and clog it up with crap. The simplest funtion has to have 15 dynamic link lib's all over the freaking disk. Nothing uninstalls correctly, there are alwalys leftover files and folders that you are terrified to maually erase because who the hell knows what other mission critical windows services need that .dll that you just deleted from a folder that is from a program you installed yesterday. How the hell this happens I will never figure out. Its like the new .dll is a newer version so the OS links it to everything on the computer that needs that .dll and deletes all the other versions. Unbelievalbe.

So as much as I know about PC's I don't know SQUAT about Macs. I mean nada. However this is the one thing that I remember for my limited experience with a few in college years back. Someone needed to run a program on a mac. They draged a file( program, yes in one file that acually runs from one file ) onto the desktop and then clicked on it. The program ran. Then they draged it into the trash when they were done. File gone. Program gone. No intalls. No unistalls. No .dll's. No registries. No blue screens. I about fainted. This is how it should work. I honestly hope in my heart of hearts that this is still how it works. You Mac people can let me know.