Pats players and the Pro Bowl?? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-07-2008, 03:03 PM

Default Pats players and the Pro Bowl??

Couple of co workers of mine told me that the Patriot players who were selected to the Pro Bowl are now withdrawing from playing in the Pro Bowl altogether?? Anybody else heard anything?? If this is true...this makes their organization look like sore losers,imho. And I like the Pats!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
Couple of co workers of mine told me that the Patriot players who were selected to the Pro Bowl are now withdrawing from playing in the Pro Bowl altogether?? Anybody else heard anything?? If this is true...this makes their organization look like sore losers,imho. And I like the Pats!!!
It just doesn't sound like the Pats to be full of themselves or sore losers does it?

Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo976 View Post
It just doesn't sound like the Pats to be full of themselves or sore losers does it?

lol. You have a point. Many would agree with you.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:20 PM

Moss and Brady have been replaced by Winslow and Anderson from the Browns. Thats 2 that I know of.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM

It could be either way. The players know that all the pro-bowl is is an excuse to go to Hawaii. Some players think it's a waste of time, and some are full of themselves.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Former Member

all star games should not be optional, especially in the nfl when it's post season, and therefore injury in game (has it even happened?!?!?) will not affect record.

Brady is out due to his "ankle" or whatever, sounds like a bloody excuse for the Super Bowl LOSS, honestly. Moss, who knows, and w/ his record of publicly stating he doesn't even try, who really cares.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
all star games should not be optional, especially in the nfl when it's post season, and therefore injury in game (has it even happened?!?!?) will not affect record.

Brady is out due to his "ankle" or whatever, sounds like a bloody excuse for the Super Bowl LOSS, honestly. Moss, who knows, and w/ his record of publicly stating he doesn't even try, who really cares.
I thought the same thing about Brady & Moss. It's like oh we lost we dont really care if we go. Or Brady's ankle is still hurting who knows.
Mischa.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:29 PM

You guys who are surprised by this are obviously not hardcore football fans. Otherwise you would know that this happens every single season, often by guys from the Super Bowl winners, not just the losers, and by plenty of guys that didn't play in the Super Bowl altogether. This has absolutely nothing to do with being sore losers, and more to do with either nagging injuries or various other excuses. The point being is that several players pull out of the Pro Bowl every single season.

Quote:
As a matter of fact, quite a few times, several even notable. Just last year, Drew Brees dislocated his left elbow in the game. Luckily it is his non-throwing arm, or else his whole off-season would have been in jeopardy. More significantly, the most famous Pro Bowl injury didn't even occur during the game. New England running back Robert Edwards' career was ruined when he seriously injured his knee during a rookie flag-football game on the beach after his standout 1998 rookie season. Though Edwards attempted a comeback four years later, he ended up with the CFL's Montreal Alouettes.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 PM

The pro-bowl is the biggest joke in pro sports. It seems like everyone gets picked.
The game means less than nothing and many of the players picked haven't played in weeks .
I don't blame moss and brady for not going because imagine if you had just gone thru that gruelling schedule thay just did and someone asked you to keep training afterwards for a 'fun' game.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck View Post
The pro-bowl is the biggest joke in pro sports. It seems like everyone gets picked.
The game means less than nothing and many of the players picked haven't played in weeks .
I don't blame moss and brady for not going because imagine if you had just gone thru that gruelling schedule thay just did and someone asked you to keep training afterwards for a 'fun' game.
Have to agree with you. I dont think I have ever had the DESIRE to watch a Pro Bowl game. The game means nothing and they are just out there having some fun. I dont know why...but the NBA All-Star game is much more entertaining to watch,imho. Probably because I think basketball is the best sport going. I mean...how many sports do you know where a team can score 100 points and STILL lose??