To all fellow Americans: Be proud about your country - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-21-2007, 07:56 PM

Default To all fellow Americans: Be proud about your country

Hi guys,

I heard of many Americans having problems with todays America. I can only say "be proud of your country. Look at Germany and you know what's really bad"

I know that whole America has to fight with a pretty high rate of criminals but what has happened just some days ago in Germany is the worst I've ever heard. I don't know something similiar to this.

The story goes like that: " A 76 year old man was going home taking the underground of munich. As he takes the sub home 2 guys where sitting near him. One of these began to smoke which is forbidden in whole Europe (you can't smoke in official places.). The old man asked him to stop which he didn't do but said "Damn fucking German" instead. After the 76 year old got of the sub walking in the centre of the train station these 2 fucking assholes (sorry for that but can't hold someone that brutal) attacked him from behind hitting him with their feet, kicking his face and trampling him down. After that those pigs left off without getting stopped or interruped by anyone. This poor old man however is now in hospital with some very hard injurys on which he could die.

So these suckers (not the right word but I can't find a harder word till now) left off without anyone stopping them because 99% of the Germans are missing courage. This can't be right. And the worst: Still if the police gets them and the man dies they won't go to jail for very long (not more than 15 years for murdering an old man seems pretty low to me).

So what do you think? Did (or could) this ever happen in the US the same way? And when? Would someone like those swines go to jail for only 15 years in your country? I heard about this in Texas but after these 15 years they got a nice electric chair for some comfortable minutes of "relaxation"

Let me say: I'm certainly not the absolute fan of "dead to rights" how many name it when someone is sentenced to dead because it's often too much glorified and can hit the false people often. But some guys shouldn't have a life after taking it from another one.

We aren't in a silly videogame so why do many people act like they were in Mortal Kombat killing old,young or ill people just for fun? And why is that happening in Europe more often than in the past 50 years? Do they all lost their mind over the dumb EU rights?

BTW: Their is one point I'm jealous about you Americans. It may sound pervert to you but you're so lucky in getting the possibilty to wield a gun freely (in most of Europe you must be a official, soldier or hunter to get the right to that) and to defeat your own life. Many didn't use the right very wisely (in killing people just out of brutality) but some did and it saved their life allready.

I got in nearly the same situation as the old man some years ago. If I had a gun I would've shot him that's for sure. Especially as the brother of this guy liked to kill me (he had the weapon and he said he would shoot me if I wouldn't lie to the jury).
Old 12-21-2007, 10:11 PM

You know the only thing I can think of is..

Everytime you wake up in the morning..

Praise the lord you are not FRENCH and then be happy.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:12 PM

Lol. A French is certainly better than a German

Todays French have about 100% that much courage than a German.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:07 AM

Actually, things like this happen all the time in America. I hate to ruin your high regard for us, but just a few months ago there was an ongoing story about guys preying on the elderly in NYC. I'm sure it happens in plenty other places as well.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:52 AM

Unfortunately this type of thing happens here also.

The one that really stands out in my mind happened a few months ago, the news was showing surveillance tapes that showed an elderly man getting beaten up by someone trying to steal his car in a parking lot. If that wasn't bad enough there were like 6-7 people standing in the background that did nothing, they just watched it all happen.

PS... I'm very proud to be an American despite our country being pretty screwed up.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:06 AM

America isn't the pinnacle of modern society that we'd like to think it is. America USED to be the best place in the world to live but sadly, capitalism and our government have ruined it. I won't be surprised to see America thrown back to the stone age here shortly.

No great empire ever lasts this long when they can't defend their own borders.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:36 AM

All countries have screwed up one time or another. It takes time for countries to mature and find themselves. Most countries have taken a thousand years or so to.. weve only had a couple hundred years. Its not a time for doom and gloom, but one to grow and learn.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMattyP View Post
America isn't the pinnacle of modern society that we'd like to think it is. America USED to be the best place in the world to live but sadly, capitalism and our government have ruined it. I won't be surprised to see America thrown back to the stone age here shortly.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I have to agree with this guy. If America is so great, then the rest of the world must be real shitty. Don't get me wrong, somethings about this country are still pretty good, but it is declining very rapidly. Maybe 75 years ago or so America might have been the best, but it is very liberal now and is in decline. If your black, mexican, or homosexueal, then this place is great since they control this bitch now. I think this countries problems are because of it's liberal attitudes and lack of any morals. If your a conservative white male, your screwed, the United States is downright hostile towards you. I think at one time this country was better than Europe, but not anymore, there about the same to me. Sad, but true.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:28 AM

This kind of stuff happens everywhere .It happened in my home town in Canada last year.It happens every day in big cities in America also i imagine.
I don't think you can really blame most people for being apathetic sheep nowadays because there are so many groups and factors pushing you in that direction every day.
Governments want you docile and afraid,industry wants you to be docile little consumers,the media hammers you with bad news about pandemics,diseases,tells you when you should go outside,chides you about your health.
Sheepdogs everwhere.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMattyP View Post

Your one of the reasons why I'm glad I'm in the Air Force defending our country. You cant say things like that if you were in many other countries.