Default Highdefdigest forums/site

I don't know the analytics to the site but I remember when I joined HDD back in 03/04 this site was poppin for years.. Now it just seems dead.. What happened to it?

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Current snapshot:
    There are currently 2722 users online. 136 members and 2586 guests
    Most users ever online was 4,357, 10-19-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Maybe active members is down but actual users is still there. The 2nd stat of the snapshot continues to grow and move forward.

Maybe it's time for another contest that's open to actual members
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

u can trust those stats if u want.. look at the number of posts with today's date.. those numbers show differently

RobG is offline Member

The forum posting is down, and the number of active "members" may be down. But that's happening with most forums as everyone is using Facebook, Twitter, and other services for social media. But people seem to still be using this site for information, such as reviews and HD news.
    Rob

Panasonic 58" V10
    Toshiba XA2
    OPPO UPD-203
    DVD - 489

mrkiller is offline Member

HDD forums were extremely busy around 10 years ago, I do miss the good old days. This is my first post in five years, good to see the forum is still somewhat active.

Krawk is offline Super-Duper Mod

Quote Originally Posted by chameleontongue View Post
    u can trust those stats if u want.. look at the number of posts with today's date.. those numbers show differently
    I trust that those numbers are accurate. Non-members (or members not logged in) cannot post messages in the forums. Then factor in posts worthy to that member of responding to, the numbers go even less. Weekends are harsh here too, I figure that stat must mean a lot of people must access this site from work or that they got families and spend weekends AFK.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"

RM
    RM is online now Member

A lot of the twenty-something guys who were really into home theater and gaming got married and had kids. Most of us don't have as much time to be into this stuff as we used to. Also, there's no format war to keep the conversation going, so it's mostly the last of the die-hard enthusiasts hanging out.

Every forum has a life cycle. I've been through several of them, and HDD has lasted much longer than I ever expected it to. Not to mention the people still left in Game Room and Gaming Smackdown are chatterboxes, so we still have some good discussions.
    PS4 - Because Cronie

PC - Fractal Design R4, 3570k w/Corsair H90, 2 x GTX 970 Reference in SLI, 256GB 850 Evo SSD + 2TB HDD, 60" LED TV, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 sound - Add me on Steam: rm082e

Onslaught X is offline Expert Industry Analyst

I got really busy.
    Don't Reach, Young Blood

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club

Badger3920 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
    Current snapshot:
    There are currently 2722 users online. 136 members and 2586 guests
    Most users ever online was 4,357, 10-19-2016 at 11:13 PM.

Maybe active members is down but actual users is still there. The 2nd stat of the snapshot continues to grow and move forward.

Maybe it's time for another contest that's open to actual members
    Yeah I don't trust those stats for a minute (plus, they were reset when they updated the forum software -- that big update that made the forum search function go permanently fubar; those are without doubt not the actual activity records). Bots seem to almost certainly be counted in those numbers one way or another. Plenty of spam accounts make it through and end up posting. This forum is dead's'ville for the most part.
    Home Theater: Panasonic PT-ae4000u, 110" Carada Brilliant White Screen, PS4
    Gaming PC: Intel i5 2500k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD