Guess who's back.... back again... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-01-2014, 04:44 PM

Guess who's back.... back again...

Guess who's back from the dead?!

I love looking up at my profile info, and seeing "You last visited: 07-28-2009 at 12:23pm"

For those of you who have no eFing clue who I am, I'll give a quick introduction. I was here at HDD from the BEGINNING. Back in the day, if you clicked on someone's name it would show you "what number" they were when they joined... and iirc my number was like 137 or something like that. I was one of the first Moderators on this site (first three people brought on by Jed), and helped bring in most of the people who are SuperMods now. Since I LOVE doing the "back in my day" thing... I remember when a certain now-SuperMod had the user name HD-DED... because he was an ardent Blu-boy. He has since changed his username to something a little more neutral.

I left HDD for a lot of different reasons, most of which were personal... but I'm back now. How goes this forum? Are there 'things I should know' about the changes made that aren't obvious (I can read rules... and don't really need to because I understand basic internet etiquette). Have I missed anything really exciting in the last 4 1/2 years that the 'old school' people want to catch me up on?

Can't wait for some of the more old-school members to chime in (and new-school people are welcome to speak up as well)... I'll be around, so feel free to say hi.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:15 PM

I remember you! Welcome back.

I was one of the mods they brought on not long after you last visited. But if anybody needs a reminder of wh you are, they need not look any further than some of the threads establishing the rules.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 03-03-2014, 08:57 AM

Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 AM

I don't know you from Adam, but welcome back.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Ju1cy & I used to get into it all the time. I said he was an idiot, but in the nicest possible manner. Now I can gloat... but don't have any real reason to anymore.

No, it was good debate and discussion on the two formats and certainly caused a lot of controversy when I was brought on as a moderator since I clearly was a BD supporter at a time when people were pretty ardently supporting HD DVD as a format. Now, the 'smackdown' section is all but a relic on the forums except for the gamers who don't really discuss BD at all, just games.

Welcome back, you likely won't see me around very often as I tend to focus more on my projector forums elsewhere on the net and I no longer participate as an active moderator.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:23 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Do I know Ju1cy from another forum? GTA forums?
Old 02-26-2016, 03:16 PM

I always liked you, even though some of our conversations were a result of me being too confrontational or violating a forum rule. You were always fair. Welcome back and I hope life is treating you well.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:23 PM

oops...sorry for the necro bump...I was doing an unrelated forum search and stumbled across this thread. Didn't see the date.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:37 PM

LOL, so he came back after 7 years for ONE post, then left again? And this was 2 years ago? Ha ha.