Shia LaBeouf takes a beating - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 PM

Default Shia LaBeouf takes a beating

Looks what happens when a disgruntled viewer of Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull caught up with Shia LaBoeuf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOUc-PjLks
Old 10-19-2011, 09:18 PM

I won't defend him (I don't know what happened and I don't care for him as an actor). However, I do feel somewhat bad for celebrities in general when it comes to things like that. I know that I used to frequent the same spot that Mike Tyson and several football and baseball players did. Without fail, everytime Tyson showed up to the bar, or a recognizable NFL player, some dumbass would get drunk and try to pick a fight - just so they could say "OH I fought Mike Tyson (or insert name of other semi-celebrity)." That's just a jackass mentality, although not necessarily what happened here.

Sure, the counterargument is that these celebrities are paid millions to perform their jobs and know that part of it is giving up a normal life. I think that's a persuasive argument, but I still think it's nonsense. Being recognizable shouldn't entail constant harassment. In my opinion, people who can't handle themselves around celebrities need to grow a pair and get some personal pride. I think, as a general rule, you shouldn't go out of your way to talk to a celebrity any more than you would a total stranger on the street. If you happen to be in a position where you'd normally make a joke or comment to a stranger next to you, based upon what's going on around you, sure - go ahead. But you shouldn't be behaving any differently than you normally would.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:49 PM

I know nothing about this situation but Shia strikes me as a guy that runs his f-ing mouth. People like that always run into people who aren't going to listen to it. Being a celebrity doesn't mean you can't catch an ass whoopin like anyone else.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 AM

Regardless of his acting or celeb status, he acts like a real douche. Act like a douche for long enough, espicially out at a bar when bros and drinks are involved, and you're bound to take a punch eventually.

He gave some interview recently boasting about how he boned Megan Fox and threatened Tom Hardy (to which Hardy laughed in a separate interview). If he's douchey enough to spread that shit to the mass media, I can only imagine how bad he is in person.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:03 PM

That didn't look like him
Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm082e View Post

He gave some interview recently boasting about how he boned Megan Fox and threatened Tom Hardy (to which Hardy laughed in a separate interview).
If I remember right, he actually said he got in a fist fight with Hardy and won.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:52 PM

I'm in the camp that firmly believes that some people just need their ass kicked. Some of them, over and over again. He is one of those people.

I saw some of the video and its a little hard to tell if he actually had his ass kicked, or if they just ended up falling to the ground in one of those dumb, drunken scraps that don't really do shit to either party.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Regardless of his acting or celeb status, he acts like a real douche. Act like a douche for long enough, espicially out at a bar when bros and drinks are involved, and you're bound to take a punch eventually.

He gave some interview recently boasting about how he boned Megan Fox and threatened Tom Hardy (to which Hardy laughed in a separate interview). If he's douchey enough to spread that shit to the mass media, I can only imagine how bad he is in person.
Heh, you make a good case ( I didn't know any of that since I despise celebrity news and refuse to keep up on it)
Old 10-20-2011, 01:39 PM

I agree celebs shouldn't have to take any more shit than regular folks just because they are famous or rich. But there are plenty of celebs who don't get caught up in drama. I think this is less of a status thing and more of an individual thing with Shia.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I agree celebs shouldn't have to take any more shit than regular folks just because they are famous or rich. But there are plenty of celebs who don't get caught up in drama. I think this is less of a status thing and more of an individual thing with Shia.
It seems you're probably right if people are correct about his general disposition. It just reminded me of all those stupid guys I saw at the bars trying to pick fights with Mike Tyson, Charles Barkley, Larry Fitzgerald etc. Morons - leave people alone.

What a stupid status symbol "ohhh i talked shit to Mike Tyson!!"