Collecting statues - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-21-2011, 10:51 AM

Default Collecting statues

Anybody else collect statues? I have this shipped to me right now

Conan: The Prize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY9x6LUyzGA Thing is 22" high. It's huge.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM

I consider myself a huge geek but I haven't stooped to the level of collecting statues yet. Even though I don't see anything wrong with collecting statues and that Conan statue is pretty cool. I'm also not sure where my wife would let me put something like that on display. I'm guessing she wouldn't let me put it anywhere.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:44 PM

It's been a few years, but I have a few. I have several LOTR statues from Sideshow and a couple of other ones scattered about, but not on display. I'm working on my "Bleakhouse," so they won't be up for display for quite sometime.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM

Some of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
I consider myself a huge geek but I haven't stooped to the level of collecting statues yet.
I don't really think any stooping is involved.

So many people seem to have random shit around there houses that they don't really care about, it's just something to take up space. For instance, all but one of my friends have stuff like generic pictures of flowers on the wall or some little trinket on a shelf and most of the time I ask them about the items they tell me they just wanted something there and don't even notice them mostly. I figure, if I'm gonna decorate, it's gonna be stuff I want to look at or interests me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
It's been a few years, but I have a few. I have several LOTR statues from Sideshow and a couple of other ones scattered about, but not on display. I'm working on my "Bleakhouse," so they won't be up for display for quite sometime.
Sideshow does some good stuff, but what's a Bleakhouse?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Some of mine:

I don't really think any stooping is involved.

So many people seem to have random shit around there houses that they don't really care about, it's just something to take up space. For instance, all but one of my friends have stuff like generic pictures of flowers on the wall or some little trinket on a shelf and most of the time I ask them about the items they tell me they just wanted something there and don't even notice them mostly. I figure, if I'm gonna decorate, it's gonna be stuff I want to look at or interests me.

Sideshow does some good stuff, but what's a Bleakhouse?

You gotta watch the Guillermo Del Toro featurette on the Cronos Blu-ray. He has a Bleakhouse of his own.

Bleakhouse = Man Cave
Old 01-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Man I also almost bought the Wonder Woman 1:4 museum quality statue. It was freaking nice.

As for having these in the house, my wife is cool with it. In fact when I showed her pics of the Conan, she wanted it too. Soon as we finish our renovations this spring, I'm going to have a new dedicated room for my home theatre. I plan on getting a big glass display case to put all my shit in.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:19 PM

Cool thread Snad! I have a Superman animated series bust, and I just preordered these a few months ago. They glow in the dark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3022[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Collecting statues-yhst-16098599766357_2139_340780733.jpg   Collecting statues-101559_301613_4.jpg  
Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 PM

I started collecting statues a few yrs ago and have a few dozen now. This is my latest buy.It's incredibly detailed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 01-23-2011, 01:29 PM

Not much of a collector of statues (more of a miniature/scale model collector and painter), but these look fantastic! Especially that Conan one.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:44 PM

Forgot one of my favorites, somehow: