Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96
  1. #1
    TheDickWard is offline HDD Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,281

    Default Apple Debuts the iPhone 4

    It sports an IPS LCD screen with an impressive resolution and a camera that can shoot video in 720p.

    http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/06/...-the-iphone-4/

  2. #2
    twonunpackmule's Avatar
    twonunpackmule is offline Sponsored by Crony
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    2-D Theater
    Posts
    32,645

    Default

    I'm upgrading in September. Though, I heard AT&T is allowing people to upgrade up to 6 months earlier.
    PSN/Live - Twonunpackmule
    3DS - 0817 - 4464 - 1180

    Any game that features paid loot boxes should be rated AO.

  3. #3
    Iggytx's Avatar
    Iggytx is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State Side
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twonunpackmule View Post
    I'm upgrading in September. Though, I heard AT&T is allowing people to upgrade up to 6 months earlier.
    They're allowing this because around the corner another carrier is getting it; so they're trying to lock in contracts. It's been all rumors right now, but we have been informed through work that AT&T has lost it's exclusive contract.

    I just have to decide if I have the patience to wait until the end of summer and switch carriers. Either way, Apple just earned another $400+ from this family!

    Phone looks incredible, many key new features I'm interested in.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Resolution is overrated on such a small screen, the 720p camera option is good. It's like having 1080p on an 11" screen...what's the point?

  5. #5
    Blu-News.com's Avatar
    Blu-News.com is offline Always SpartanJohnson
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
    They're allowing this because around the corner another carrier is getting it; so they're trying to lock in contracts. It's been all rumors right now, but we have been informed through work that AT&T has lost it's exclusive contract.

    I just have to decide if I have the patience to wait until the end of summer and switch carriers. Either way, Apple just earned another $400+ from this family!

    Phone looks incredible, many key new features I'm interested in.
    Isn't it rumored for AT&T? Anyway I can't wait to get my hands on one of these, love the iPhone.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com

  6. #6
    Iggytx's Avatar
    Iggytx is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    State Side
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    No rumor for AT&T. They start pre-orders next Tuesday and are allowing people at 18 months on to renew at the 'Out of Contract' price.

    Rumors have swirled around T-Mobile and Verizon. Can't say this is 100%, but don't be surprised if Verizon stores have lines out their doors on July 23rd.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Born on Krypton, Raised On Earth
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Well I'm getting it day 1 like I've done since the 3G. I was going to give up my iPhone and switch to Verizon and get an incredible but me and the girl split for good so no reason to leave AT&T now except my lacking 3G in my area.
    Proud Member of the DC Fanboy Club

  8. #8
    Godstar's Avatar
    Godstar is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Falls Church, Virginia
    Posts
    23,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropic75 View Post
    Resolution is overrated on such a small screen, the 720p camera option is good. It's like having 1080p on an 11" screen...what's the point?
    Yeah, kind of like using a nuclear missile to topple an ant hill.
    The nerd is a tirelessly predictable creature whom the promise of boobies is like a bacon sandwich to a starving wolf. - Yahtzee
    List of My Games!
    Audio:
    Denon AVR4311CI+SVS 1646 PC Plus Subwoofer+Paradigm Monitor 9V5 x 2+
    Paradim CC-390+Paradigm ADP-370 x 2
    Video:Panasonic PT-AE2000U Projector
    Consoles:Wii+WiiU+Gamecube+PS3+360+DSi XLS & Lite+PSP*2+Dreamcast+Saturn+SNES+Genesis
    PSN/WiiU:Godstar/XBL:G0DSTAR --> with a zero.

  9. #9
    Snadinator's Avatar
    Snadinator is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    19,563

    Default

    I'd prefer 480p resolution with double the battery lifespan.

  10. #10
    Blu-News.com's Avatar
    Blu-News.com is offline Always SpartanJohnson
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iggytx View Post
    No rumor for AT&T. They start pre-orders next Tuesday and are allowing people at 18 months on to renew at the 'Out of Contract' price.

    Rumors have swirled around T-Mobile and Verizon. Can't say this is 100%, but don't be surprised if Verizon stores have lines out their doors on July 23rd.
    Sorry, my bad. I meant to say Verizon, AT&T already has the iPhone, duh.
    A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu-ray Reviewwww.blu-news.com

  11. #11
    redsoxlucas's Avatar
    redsoxlucas is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Love my 3Gs, but no need to upgrade to the 4 yet. Looks cool and I am sure it is, but just bought a Macbook Pro and need to lay off a bit.

  12. #12
    Plissken99's Avatar
    Plissken99 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Figures they announce all this as I finally get my iPhone. But all the new features don't seem that useful, and I had to upgrade to something as my last phone was biting the dust rapidly. In 2 years when I'm due again, they'll be cheaper anyway.
    HT gear: JVC X570r 4K e-Shift projector, 150" screen, Yamaha CX-A5100 preamp, Klipsch ProCinema 7.2.4 Atmos,Oppo UDP-203(region free), Xbox One, Playstation 4, RetroN 5, , Xbox 360, Toshiba XA2

  13. #13
    michealo's Avatar
    michealo is offline Watcher of stances
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    27,442

    Default

    sign me up, my launch 3G is really showing its age.
    why hate? participate!
    Elitist Indifference FTW
    xbox live = Wrangl3r / PSN = thummper / wiiU = mm / steam = michealo

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    1,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michealo View Post
    sign me up, my launch 3G is really showing its age.
    Same here. I dropped my phone and cracked up the screen and been holding off getting a replacement since this was coming down the road.
    Supporter. Current Toys: Vizio M65D0, Fluance ES 5.1, Definitive Technology SC 4000, Sony STR-DN840, Phillips BDP7501.
    Console List:
    PS4,ONE,Gamecube, N64, SNES, Genesis, Dreamcast, Saturn,PSTv,Vita,3DS, Retron 5
    Lifetime member of the Military Order of the Purple Heart
    2017 Completed List:http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game...inish-481.html
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Not touching anything that Big Brother and Co. releases.
    Froyo ftw!
    The 10,000th Steve
    60
    118

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.1 PL1