High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   The Water Cooler (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/water-cooler-36/)
-   -   Anyone else getting an iPhone ?? (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/water-cooler/10540-anyone-else-getting-iphone.html)

nelll 06-28-2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illegalprelude (Post 179054)
ill be in line too. Friday. 6pm. Let the count down begin.

For the extra 4GB, hell yes. $100, no problem I would say. I mean your about to pay $500 anyways. What not $600.


Remember the Geek's law prelude: Do not buy First generation of anything. I want to get one too and I have the money for it but something itís not right here. AT&T? No F***** way and plus without activation the phone will not work, not even the ipod features.

Legobricke 06-28-2007 12:11 PM

I think the 600 bucks would better spent on a shrink!

600 bucks for a cell phone???? and on top of that having to switch service providers????

No way.... Verizon runs circles around AT&T....

I had Nextel and also AT&T (Cingular) in Florida/Maryland/New York and cut both off to go to Verizon and have never looked back...

Now... if the Iphone were going Verizon.... I might look.... but $600 bucks???

I would have to pass....

Lego...

P.S. - Good luck on capturing one!

tranzparentl 06-28-2007 12:45 PM

I have a 20GB iPod that I've had for about 2-3 years now.

I am in desperate need for a new one because 20GB isn't even close to enough space for me and the iPhone max's out at 8GB.

I'm hoping soon after the iPhone launch they announce a new line of regular iPods. Hopefully widescreen/touch screen like the rumors and hopefully with 100GB or more of storage.

illegalprelude 06-28-2007 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelll (Post 179726)
Remember the Geek's law prelude: Do not buy First generation of anything. I want to get one too and I have the money for it but something itís not right here. AT&T? No F***** way and plus without activation the phone will not work, not even the ipod features.

Although, personally, I dont agree with that (I own many first gen equipment) I do agree that 2nd gen will always work better or will have better features or improved. But then so will 3rd gen over 2nd gen.

Solution? Buy each gen or be happy with what you got


Quote:

Originally Posted by Legobricke (Post 179747)
I think the 600 bucks would better spent on a shrink!

600 bucks for a cell phone???? and on top of that having to switch service providers????

No way.... Verizon runs circles around AT&T....

I had Nextel and also AT&T (Cingular) in Florida/Maryland/New York and cut both off to go to Verizon and have never looked back...

Now... if the Iphone were going Verizon.... I might look.... but $600 bucks???

I would have to pass....

Lego...

P.S. - Good luck on capturing one!


Actually, if you think about it, for what your getting, $600 isnt that much. My LG chocolate cost me $450 and now im getting so much more so for me, if anything, its cheap. Once you truly see what the phone can do over other phones, the price tag is of no worries but like Blu-ray/HD DVD, its not for all. Many people are still content with their DVD

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzparentl (Post 179780)
I have a 20GB iPod that I've had for about 2-3 years now.

I am in desperate need for a new one because 20GB isn't even close to enough space for me and the iPhone max's out at 8GB.

I'm hoping soon after the iPhone launch they announce a new line of regular iPods. Hopefully widescreen/touch screen like the rumors and hopefully with 100GB or more of storage.

I believe their going to come out for Holiday Season. Would be the right time to refresh the lineup as they havent done much sense last Holiday season.

Maxx_75 06-28-2007 05:31 PM

Dont be hatin.... LOL

It isnt that much money. It's not cheap but it truely is a breakthrough device and I am much more comfortable with a 1st gen Apple product than any other company that I can think of.

I can't get to the Apple store in Tukwilla until around 4pm so who knows I may be poo out of luck.



edit..... ZOMG @@@!!!!!$$%%

Steve gives away 12 Million bucks worth of 8 gig iPhones to his workers !

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/28/j...ple-employees/

bembol 06-28-2007 06:06 PM

I want one! I don't even know what's going on, is it just in the U.S.?

I also don't want to be locked into a 2-3 years contract with Rogers.

illegalprelude 06-28-2007 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx_75 (Post 180152)
Dont be hatin.... LOL

It isnt that much money. It's not cheap but it truely is a breakthrough device and I am much more comfortable with a 1st gen Apple product than any other company that I can think of.

I can't get to the Apple store in Tukwilla until around 4pm so who knows I may be poo out of luck.



edit..... ZOMG @@@!!!!!$$%%

Steve gives away 12 Million bucks worth of 8 gig iPhones to his workers !

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/28/j...ple-employees/

I know...too late to apply for a job? lol (you gotta been working there for a year) I feel sorry for everybody who has been there for 11 months hahaha

dysfunction26 06-29-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx_75 (Post 178168)
On Friday or whenever I can get them I will be getting 2 iPhones for my wife and I. This is going to be a chunk of change to be sure but why wife needs a new phone bad and it would cost a bit to get a new phone and plan with Verizon anyway so I guess we are diving in. We also plan to loose the land line to help out with the cost.

I figure 1198 + tax for 1303.42 for the 2 8 gig iPhones. ouch.

110 + taxes ect for 130 a month + 36 for activation (hopefully not x2). ouch.

We pay about 75 a month with Verizon and will save 30 a month dropping the land line so we are looking at a monthly increase of about 25 bucks.

Wish me luck finding 2 iPhones !

I don't see a point in spending $600, for something that you can probably get for less then $300 in under a year.

illegalprelude 06-29-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dysfunction26 (Post 181364)
I don't see a point in spending $600, for something that you can probably get for less then $300 in under a year.

you dont know Apple Products it seems

illegalprelude 06-29-2007 07:24 PM

http://www.iphoneunboxed.com/iPhoneUnboxed-Images/8.jpg

http://www.iphoneunboxed.com/iPhoneUnboxed-Images/9.jpg

http://www.iphoneunboxed.com/iPhoneU...-Images/18.jpg

http://www.iphoneunboxed.com/iPhoneU...-Images/23.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.