WTB (Buy or Borrow): Xbox 360 Data Transfer Kit (Hard Drive to Hard Drive) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-14-2009, 03:07 PM

Default WTB (Buy or Borrow): Xbox 360 Data Transfer Kit (Hard Drive to Hard Drive)

Hi,

Santa is giving me an Elite with a 120gb hard drive to replace my dying Xbox (doesn't want to read discs anymore -- takes me like 15 minutes to get it to get going) -- and I'd like to transfer my data from the old drive to the new.

From what I can tell, you have to get these cables direct from MS (?), going to call them tonight, but figured I'd rather give an HDDer some cash for the cable than add to Bill Gates' coffers.

So if anyone has gone through the upgrade process before and would be willing to part with their cable, I'd appreciate it. Hell, I'd be happy to borrow the cable and return it -- I'll cover shipping both ways (and throw in an HD DVD copy of 'The Searchers' if you are interested)... or pick up & return if you are local to north NJ.

Hope someone out there can help me out on this one...

Jim
Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM

I can help you. If you pay for shipping and a $1,000 surcharge
Old 12-14-2009, 08:01 PM

JAWoOKIE is hooking me up -- thanks!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:32 AM

Each transfer kit can only be used once and then it stops working. The transfer kit comes with a software cd. ( that's the part that can only be used once) I would suggest Just ordering one from micro$oft Or off ebay but likely it would come from China with third party software.
didn't notice if your from Canada, if you are the kit is free and only take a few days to get
Old 12-15-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devdvr View Post
Each transfer kit can only be used once and then it stops working. The transfer kit comes with a software cd. ( that's the part that can only be used once) I would suggest Just ordering one from micro$oft Or off ebay but likely it would come from China with third party software.
didn't notice if your from Canada, if you are the kit is free and only take a few days to get
I dont believe this is the case as I have used mine multiple times.