Goozex - Movie Trading Site Introduction - Page 7 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-25-2010, 02:37 PM

agreed, Brad, I just haven't found value here at all
Old 05-25-2010, 03:21 PM

Well, often there aren't the very latest releases but I have seen trades on many films released in the last 6 months. And some of the movies I have received are over 20.00 at Amazon, so you are correc to a point but not completely. The list of "available" movies are mainly older, but if you look at what has recently traded, there are tons of titles going through their system. If a person is requesting a movie and there is a match it never shows on the "available" list. I am adding some great titles to my collection and many are not selling for 10.00 in stores or on Amazon.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:25 PM

I've been using Goozex for about 7 months now and I'm very satisfied. I don't know if it is for everyone, but it suits my needs quite well. I built up a bunch of points getting rid of old DVDs, old PC games, and unwanted HD-DVDs and BDs.

Once I established the big bank of points over the course of a few months, a new pattern of use has occurred. Now I basically get an Xbox 360 game for points + $1, play it through, and trade it back out to recoup my points, minus $2.35 shipping and envelope.

It's sort of like renting Xbox 360 games for an unlimited amount of time for $3.35. It sure beats paying $50-$60. This does require patience and not being the type that has to have every big new title on release day. That's fine with me.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTWISTER View Post
Well, often there aren't the very latest releases but I have seen trades on many films released in the last 6 months. And some of the movies I have received are over 20.00 at Amazon, so you are correc to a point but not completely. The list of "available" movies are mainly older, but if you look at what has recently traded, there are tons of titles going through their system. If a person is requesting a movie and there is a match it never shows on the "available" list. I am adding some great titles to my collection and many are not selling for 10.00 in stores or on Amazon.
And the only way to get the 'new' movies is to stay up real late when Goozex updates it's site and add it to your requests. Otherwise (like me), when I get up at 6am I am number 10-30 in line, which might as well be the year 2013. Games are even worse (I somehow managed to get number 135 for Lost Planet 2!!!). It's a joke. My only use is dumping some of the DVD only copies of films that come with BDs and getting some cheap crappy games/BDs with my points. Goozex needs to 'update' at a random time during the week so everyone gets a fair chance to get a new release sometime in the next decade.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:34 PM

I've been using goozex for about a month now and it's been good for getting games. btw games is all i'm using if for ATM.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 AM

Well it all depends on what you want. There are plenty of titles that have already been released in the last 3-4 years that I want, and the request lines are sometimes one or two people, in 22 of them I am first in line and have gotten 19 others I have wanted already.

I don't expect to get new releasses from Goozex but it's awesome for gettting already released titles without spending additional money if you have items to trade, and I did.

I've never stayed up late to add new releases. Within a couple of months you can get those at reasonable prices either used or on sale and I am patient, I don't need them on release day, except for my very favorites. I rent them from Netflix and by the time I want to watch them again, they are MUCH cheaper to buy.

Anyone expecting brand new releases at Goozex on Blu-ray don't bother, but if you want already released titles, you have a very good chance. I've received over 50 titles I have wanted already, just got Karate Kid yesterday, that was released a week ago (and it was still sealed).
Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Goozex needs to 'update' at a random time during the week so everyone gets a fair chance to get a new release sometime in the next decade.
I totally agree with that.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTWISTER View Post
I've received over 50 titles I have wanted already, just got Karate Kid yesterday, that was released a week ago (and it was still sealed).
Which is exactly what I said earlier - people buy BDs cheap and use Goozex to there advantage when they give out mad points for a title. Karate Kid was $9.99 (or less?) at Amazon for about a week. It's not a bad thing, but Karate Kid was likely someone flipping a $10 BD for 300 points. So $30 = 900 points which would = 1 new release game at 1000 points (yeah, 100 off, but you get the point). Smart for the flipper, and good for people like you who don't know about the cheap prices, but it rarely happens. Still #1 on several BD releases that have been out for months now. I pretty much gave up. The only new things I add up are the DVD copies that come in some BD combos as those are an easy few hundred points. But now I'm sitting on 2600 points with 100 or so titles in my Request Q.

Quote:
Good luck getting any recent title unless it was available very cheap abd people bought tons of copies to gain points fast.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Which is exactly what I said earlier - people buy BDs cheap and use Goozex to there advantage when they give out mad points for a title. Karate Kid was $9.99 (or less?) at Amazon for about a week. It's not a bad thing, but Karate Kid was likely someone flipping a $10 BD for 300 points. So $30 = 900 points which would = 1 new release game at 1000 points (yeah, 100 off, but you get the point). Smart for the flipper, and good for people like you who don't know about the cheap prices, but it rarely happens. Still #1 on several BD releases that have been out for months now. I pretty much gave up. The only new things I add up are the DVD copies that come in some BD combos as those are an easy few hundred points. But now I'm sitting on 2600 points with 100 or so titles in my Request Q.
Gizmo, I do know about the cheap prices, I shop the web for Blu's every day....but I saved ten bucks on Karate Kid didn't I by trading older DVD's that I never use anymore and people wanted.

Yesterday, about 2 hours before I was going to the store to buy it, I got the 3 disc edition of Alice in Wonderland on Goozex, It wasn't listed as full package because the Disney rewards were used already by the trader, so big deal I say, it even has the slip cover. I agree with you it doesn't happen often, but one CAN get new releases here and there. Just go to "Blu-ray" and see "recently traded" titles. But I have built my Blu-ray library up with some titles I wanted, even if they do sell for 10.00-15.00 on Amazon, that's enough to put away for my new upcoming 3D projector (when they release them). I have taken the amount of money I would have paid for those discs every time I receive a trade and put that in a special "projector" account at Wells Fargo, and so far the Goozex money I would have spent buying the Blu-rays and games I got on Goozex is $438.00. That's my Goozex saving account balance at the bank. That's where it added up for me.

GizmoDVD, I also have about one hundred in my request list, they keep coming in, one or two a week. I have about 10,000 points right now, so I won't buy any of those hundred titles because I don't need them right away and eventually they will show up. I also have my requests listed as disc-only, because I bought extra cases and make my own covers if necessary, several web sites have many of them ready to print (front spine and back). You get them faster that way, for some reason alot of people seem to have only the disc, which is fine with me.

It may not be for everyone, but what the heck if you have dvd's or games or Blu's lying around that you don't use, it's a cheap way to get new ones. Also, the higher points for cheaper product goes both ways. I have gotten high points for some product that is cheap at the store, so that's fine with me.