Moana, Tangled, Zootopia, Big Hero 6, The Princess and the Frog 4K - November 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-04-2019, 04:01 PM
Staff

Default Moana, Tangled, Zootopia, Big Hero 6, The Princess and the Frog 4K - November 5

Moana

Tangled

Zootopia

Big Hero 6

The Princess and the Frog
Old 10-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The inevitable Best Buy SteelBooks to follow. WOW, Disney is hurting my wallet this quarter!
Old 10-04-2019, 06:23 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

SteelBooks listed here:

Big Hero 6 - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook)
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/78...steelbook.html

Moana - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook)

The Princess and the Frog - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook)

Tangled - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook)

Zootopia - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook)
Old 10-05-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
The inevitable Best Buy SteelBooks to follow. WOW, Disney is hurting my wallet this quarter!
I have to say it with no offense intended, I don't get the need to be a completist on a lot of the rereleases I do not view this as anywhere near the DVD > BD gap where I truly did feel the need for upgrades. With 4K as much as I want my favorites in upgraded formats I'm happy to let my mid-range discs hang out in BD-land, he one thing that can sway me is a new release with a lot of new extras but I'm not seeing that in Disney 2nd tier catalog items.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I have to say it with no offense intended, I don't get the need to be a completist on a lot of the rereleases
No offense taken, I know you're not a hater.
Would you feel different from this point of view? Monthly mortgage payment, $0.00. Monthly car payment, $0.00. Annual salary, I'm not disclosing but will say I'm above average in that department.

How many times have you in the past tried buying a movie you held off on, to find out either it's not available any more except on secondary market (SteelBooks for example, but there are other examples) or you were a bit anal like me, the standard edition no longer includes the slip cover later on and you feel the slip cover adds appeal and value? Yeah, Disney marketing manages to get more money in general, and they may double dip in a year or two, or dry up altogether when discs eventually disappear. Will everything be digital distribution at some point or will a different medium come out? When will this milestone happen? 5 years? 10? 20?
Old 10-06-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
No offense taken, I know you're not a hater.
Would you feel different from this point of view? Monthly mortgage payment, $0.00. Monthly car payment, $0.00. Annual salary, I'm not disclosing but will say I'm above average in that department.
Single with 2 mortgages and a car payment, so slight difference.

But I still think there's a point where it's the law of diminishing returns, VHS to LD was an easy upgrade, as was DVD to BD, I'm finding BD to UHD notsomuch, I already feel I have too many movies that I don't get to enough, so for me I figure upgrade the classics and ones that I adore and watch every year, but not the 2nd string and things like Moana or Tangled are a wash for me, but Beauty and the Beast, I'm totally there for a 4K upgrade, and things like 2001 or Blade Runner, yep, will upgrade them, but it's the same for the MCU, I started buying their 4K when it was available on release, but the only BD title I upgraded to 4K was the Captain America trilogy.

So I'm not totally non-understanding upgrades, but I won't be replacing everything I own with a 4K upgrade unless its a significant improvement or it's replacing a beloved DVD that never got a BD release. Example, I think the 4K Wizard of Oz release coming up may be my first quintuple dip.