The Lion King (2019) available for pre-order - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-23-2019, 07:04 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Default The Lion King (2019) available for pre-order

As expected, standard and retailer exclusives will be coming.
Amazon still is not allowing pre-orders for Disney product, so we have provided Best Buy links.

The Lion King (2019) - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/75...hdbluray2.html

The Lion King (2019) - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook)
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/75...steelbook.html

The Lion King (2019) - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Target Exclusive Gallery Edition)
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/75...dbluray22.html

The Lion King (2019)
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/753...nking2019.html
Old 07-23-2019, 07:05 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The huge Lion King fan in me is torn. I will have a very hard time deciding where to spend my money here. Best Buy SteelBook, most definitely on order! Do I want 1 or 2? Do I want the Target one as well? Do I want them untouched and then watch the standard one? I dig the artwork for the SteelBook a lot, but I like them all.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:30 AM

After seeing the savage reviews I'm questioning my desire for this one considering how much I adore the original.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:34 AM

Worst movie of 2019.

I have no idea what the hell was going on in Disney's mind, but they had no idea what they wanted to do with it. First off, it's too realistic to be animated, but it's also not realistic enough to be considered "live action."

Like there is absolutely no emotion going on at all with the characters. Simba sounds like he is crying his eyes out when his father dies, but there isn't a single tear or anything in his eyes. Secondly, the songs look like they are just coming out of the lion's mouths instead of actually being sung. "I Can't Wait to be King" is awful because none of the song fits with what is happening on screen. Though, the worst atrocity is that shitty ass dialog that used to be "Be Prepared."

If Disney wanted to make a realistic Lion King movie, they should have went for a straight up movie without any musical numbers in it. Instead, they went for this hybrid and it doesn't work. They also wasted John Oliver and Keegan Michael Key's talents. Timon and Pumba are the movie's saving grace.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:00 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
After seeing the savage reviews I'm questioning my desire for this one considering how much I adore the original.
I've seen a review that compared this movie to Hamlet, and then they said "that's why it is so good." At 53% on Rotten Tomatoes, it's certainly a risk. Previous live action remakes have all been so good, is Disney taking it for granted this time?
Old 07-24-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I've seen a review that compared this movie to Hamlet, and then they said "that's why it is so good." At 53% on Rotten Tomatoes, it's certainly a risk. Previous live action remakes have all been so good, is Disney taking it for granted this time?
Which ones were good? Because I found Beauty and the Beast to be utter garbage. Emma Watson wasn't even trying to be enthusiastic in that movie, not to mention she couldn't sing for crap and had to rely on auto tune to make her voice bearable. Not ot mention the actors were less animated than the animated movie.

And then you have that utter joke that was Maleficent. Oh god was that painful to sit through. What next, an origin story on the Jabberwocky so we can all learn he was a misunderstood beast?

Last edited by Dr Kain; 07-24-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Ooof that Best Buy SteelBook hurts! "I know! Let's decapitate Simba and slap his dead head on the cover!"