Toy Story Trilogy 4K - Coming Soon - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-28-2019, 11:55 AM
Landy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,805
Default Toy Story Trilogy 4K - Coming Soon

Toy Story - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/71...ahdbluray.html

Toy Story 2 - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/71...ahdbluray.html

Toy Story 3 - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/71...ahdbluray.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,530
Default

This was inevitable, and of course timed for the next movie.
I still like them so no complaints on my end except the usual Disney banter. No DV on the disc copies, only on streaming, darker color palette on the HDR version. Premium pricing that generally never drops in the U.S. market.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2019, 02:40 PM
DanzBorin's Avatar
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
This was inevitable, and of course timed for the next movie.
I still like them so no complaints on my end except the usual Disney banter. No DV on the disc copies, only on streaming, darker color palette on the HDR version. Premium pricing that generally never drops in the U.S. market.
Is that Disney's way of telling us that they don't want to make discs anymore?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2019, 10:44 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
Is that Disney's way of telling us that they don't want to make discs anymore?
It could be a method of "self-sabotage" in that the current product will not sell as many copies. Notice how Disney's catalog 4K releases are getting no PR. No TV ads, no fanfare anywhere. Don't sell enough, pull the plug. Force digital upon everyone and have complete control. We have seen it in digital gaming already. Something changes in the license agreement and you are forced to install a "mandatory update" that removes or alters content. Sometimes the changes are minuscule, other times HUGE. Here's such an example: https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/27/17...ong-list-patch
With the same concept, but on movies, we all would be forced to watch the "upgraded" version of such a movie.

The people in charge of making the actual product are doing their best but are doing what their paymasters tell them to.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,530
Default

^^^ In a nutshell, these releases are still upgrades to previous releases so people like myself will continue to buy them.
Disney has (in the past) been most receptive to correcting errors on releases so they still remain semi-friendly, but I doubt they will ever embrace DV on disc as the studios are still trying to force streaming upon everyone.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 AM
DanzBorin's Avatar
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
^^^ In a nutshell, these releases are still upgrades to previous releases so people like myself will continue to buy them.
Disney has (in the past) been most receptive to correcting errors on releases so they still remain semi-friendly, but I doubt they will ever embrace DV on disc as the studios are still trying to force streaming upon everyone.
We all might as well buy the crappiest components ever if this is the case. Why buy premium hardware if the software is sub-par?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-01-2019, 06:57 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanzBorin View Post
We all might as well buy the crappiest components ever if this is the case. Why buy premium hardware if the software is sub-par?
There still are good discs out there, including other studios. Disney seems to simply be lacking in the catalog releases department. As far as new releases, they only use HDR10 but they still look pretty good.
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-02-2019, 09:26 AM
DanzBorin's Avatar
Founding Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
There still are good discs out there, including other studios. Disney seems to simply be lacking in the catalog releases department. As far as new releases, they only use HDR10 but they still look pretty good.
I was just referring to studios wanting to go all streaming. It basically tells us all to buy the cheapest hardware possible because quality isn't important.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2019, 07:21 PM
Krawk's Avatar
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,530
Default

Well, when you got Millennials watching TV shows and movies on their phones and if they go to the theater they spend much of their time playing on the same phone instead of watching the movie, that is the direction things seem to be going.
Get off my lawn, little bastards!
__________________
Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2019, 12:30 AM
Dr Kain's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,877
Default

I'll wait for a 4 movie box set.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off