A Quiet Place 4K Blu-ray - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-18-2019, 10:29 AM

Default A Quiet Place 4K Blu-ray - HDD Review

An artfully-crafted and cleverly designed horror film driven by intense white-knuckle suspense from the talents of John Krasinski, A Quiet Place is actually a drama about overcoming a family tragedy told in the guise of a horror movie. The film escapes detection on 4K Ultra HD with a lovely Dolby Vision HDR presentation, a superb demo-worthy Dolby Atmos track, and a disappointing set of bonus features, but the overall package is nonetheless Recommended.

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/58...ahdbluray.html
Old 02-18-2019, 09:16 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I actually watched this the other night. Maybe I should have paused it as I did not realize the problem was worldwide. All the missing persons posters were local and I do not recall seeing national news on screen. Sure the dad and his "list," one by one being crossed out may have told me it was a larger problem, but how big and how far? Even the number of "confirmed" beings was rather low.

Anyway, even so, if you don't think about it too much, it was a pretty decent movie. Amazing how little dialog there is in the whole movie, and for good reason.
Spoiler
But if you think much at all, you find yourself calling it a very weak story. I'm supposed to believe these alien creatures take over the world. And then a couple of commoners in the end can take them out, one by one with a little noise and a shotgun? So, what happened to the military? Their advanced weapons, tanks, aircraft, ships. Surely squads of Apaches could wipe them out pretty easily. Even tanks and such - the creature shows us it can tear a hole in a grain silo, but seeing what they truly were made of, no way in hell they'd damage a tank!! About the last sentence of the previous paragraph, the confirmed number was 3.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I actually watched this the other night. Maybe I should have paused it as I did not realize the problem was worldwide. All the missing persons posters were local and I do not recall seeing national news on screen. Sure the dad and his "list," one by one being crossed out may have told me it was a larger problem, but how big and how far? Even the number of "confirmed" beings was rather low.

Anyway, even so, if you don't think about it too much, it was a pretty decent movie. Amazing how little dialog there is in the whole movie, and for good reason.
Spoiler
But if you think much at all, you find yourself calling it a very weak story. I'm supposed to believe these alien creatures take over the world. And then a couple of commoners in the end can take them out, one by one with a little noise and a shotgun? So, what happened to the military? Their advanced weapons, tanks, aircraft, ships. Surely squads of Apaches could wipe them out pretty easily. Even tanks and such - the creature shows us it can tear a hole in a grain silo, but seeing what they truly were made of, no way in hell they'd damage a tank!! About the last sentence of the previous paragraph, the confirmed number was 3.
I really didn't mind all that, I believe this movie was more about how the family dealt with loss on mutiple facets.

My ONLY complaint was
Spoiler
when the basement room was flooded Emily Blunt moving with the alien in the water, sound is amplified in the water isn't it? Then when the alien above water, she is holding the baby and walks away behind the splashing water. The alien didn't hear her when she was that close?

I'm willing to put that aside as I loved this movie.

I watched Bird Box right after and absolutely hated it. So overhyped.