Halloween (2018) 4K & Blu - HDD Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Default Halloween (2018) 4K & Blu - HDD Reviews

While paying homage to John Carpenter's 1978 seminal classic, David Gordon Green's Halloween successfully reignites a renewed interest to the horror franchise, picking up forty years later from the original and featuring an outstanding performance by Jamie Lee Curtis.

4K (HDR10 + DTS:X)

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/65...ahdbluray.html

Blu-ray (1080p + DTS:X)

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/653...oween2018.html
Old 01-09-2019, 01:02 PM

I've got $20 in Best Buy rewards just waiting for next Tuesday to hit to use them on this. This ended up being my favorite movie of 2018.
Old 01-16-2019, 01:25 AM

So my Target had sold out of every copy on both formats before 5PM. Best Buy had 3 left of the regular 4K when I was there (one went to me), none of the steelbook, and like 2 copies of the BD.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:38 PM

Either B&M places underestimated the demand and popularity of the movie, or it genuinely is selling like hotcakes!
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 01-16-2019, 04:02 PM

I went to pick up the SteelBook I'd thankfully preordered at BB and they were wiped out, only 2 or 3 BDs and regular 4Ks left with a LOT of empty spots next to them.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:41 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
Either B&M places underestimated the demand and popularity of the movie, or it genuinely is selling like hotcakes!
I heard from another site that the factories that churn out these discs have shrunk from 5 to 1, so expect lots to be smaller and titles to be delayed.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
I heard from another site that the factories that churn out these discs have shrunk from 5 to 1, so expect lots to be smaller and titles to be delayed.
Well that's retarded. You would think Universal would have made sure to have plenty of copies produced ahead of time.
Old 01-19-2019, 12:19 AM

I just watched the BD. I was kind of worried that with the hype and mood of Halloween gone that I was going to suddenly see why people hate this movie, but nope, it was even better than the two times I saw it in theaters, so I have no idea what those crazies are talking about (especially those that think Zombie's dogshit is better).

The bonus features are all right. Pretty much every deleted scene was clearly deleted for a reason. I do wish some of the other features were a lot longer though, especially the one on Carpenter and gang making the soundtrack. I feel like they were all just pieces taken from a good hour long documentary they intentionally held back for one assnine decision or another.

Well whatever. So glad I get to own this movie now. It may end up becoming a newer movie that gets viewed the most in my collection.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:17 PM

Itíll definitely save space in the UHD section, just Halloween 1 and 2018, 2-6 wonít be upgraded.. well maybe Season of the Witch.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Itíll definitely save space in the UHD section, just Halloween 1 and 2018, 2-6 wonít be upgraded.. well maybe Season of the Witch.
I don't seperate my BDs and UHDs. lol In the living room, I have my shelves seperated by Digibooks, COllections and/or oversized cases, MCU, Criterion, DC Animated, Pixar, Disney, TV shows, and everything else.

Anime, Toku, Kaiju, American Animation, and Doctor Who get their own shelves in another room.

BTW, I thought both HII and III were getting 4K releases?