Landy is offline Go Jets Go!

Default Rambo 4K Movies - HDD Reviews

Since its original theatrical run, First Blood has grown into a classic action thriller, responsible for catapulting Sylvester Stallone into action stardom and turning the name Rambo into a cultural icon. Nearly forty years later, the movie remains a fascinating motion picture with a poignantly moving plot. The 4K Ultra HD release comes with a gorgeously stunning HDR10 presentation that easily bests previous editions, an excellent DTS-HD MA soundtrack and a nice set of bonuses. The overall UHD package is Highly Recommended.

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/64...ahdbluray.html

Sylvester Stallone returns to his action-star turn in George P. Cosmatos' Rambo: First Blood Part II, but aside from serving as the epitome of 80s American action filmmaking, the sequel never comes close to the poignancy of its predecessor. The movie charges into the formidable jungles of Ultra HD equipped with a stunning 4K HDR10 presentation, but arms it with the same lackluster DTS-HD soundtrack and an average set of supplements. Still, the overall package is Worth a Look while fans will want this edition in their UHD collection.

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/64...hdbluray2.html

If not for the hilariously excessive violence providing some mild entertainment value, Rambo III would be a chore to get through the quintessential 80s actioner emphasizing cartoonish action over an engaging story. The third entry in the series mounts a rescue mission on Ultra HD with a great-looking 4K HDR10 presentation, the same passable DTS-HD MA soundtrack and a healthy set of supplements. The overall UHD package is Worth a Look for the curious but fans will gladly want it in their collection.

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/64224/rambo34k.html

mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

Man, I'm so tempted to spring for these - but gonna do myself the solid and wait until Rambo V comes out and get a complete set. Unless Stallone is going to be doing this character into his 80s you gotta think this is the last one, right?
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

eNoize is offline The Professor

I don't know if I could wait. The new 4K transfer is phenomenal and simply gorgeous, like watching it for the first time in theaters.
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

mattedscreen is online now HDD Reviewer / Movie Fan

Quote Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
    I don't know if I could wait. The new 4K transfer is phenomenal and simply gorgeous, like watching it for the first time in theaters.
    Damn it... didn't need to read that, your review was tough enough to get through without clicking that Amazon link! Have you gotten a look at Part II or 3 yet?
    Need something fun &/OR funny? Watch This!

eNoize is offline The Professor

I haven't received the sequels, but I'm hoping they'll arrive soon.
    M. Enois Duarte
    High-Def Digest Contributor
    Hi-Def Collection
    Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
    we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael

Palmer is offline Administrator

Updated this thread with reviews for parts 2 and 3. Cheers!

Krawk is online now Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

With such high ratings for the 2 sequels, the "Worth a Look" score perplexes me a bit. Obviously the "story itself" got E hung up a bit.

I agree that the original First Blood offered a great emotional response that revealed early exposure to PTSD (although they didn't call it that back then) that led to a man cracking, and by itself was a great movie, but seeing John Rambo in combat in part 2 was just as effective in keeping you entertained. We learn just what a great fighter John Rambo is when we see First Blood Part 2, and the non-stop violent scenes keep you watching. Maybe a bit 80's cheesy, but still a very good movie. The 3rd movie was just an action fest movie with little story to really make you care much, but it still was good as an action movie. When either of the first 2 movies are on TV and I've got a boring evening at home, I might just stay tuned because they're good movies. I bought all 3 the day they were released and look forward to watching them very soon.

I just wish Lions Gate did a bit more with the sound. They upgraded the sound of First Blood from Dolby Digital EX to DTS-HD MA, but that's it.

Interesting they decided to region lock the Blu-rays this time around (oh LionsGate why must though do so?) The trilogy BD box set they were region-free.
    Keep Physical Media Alive, Just say NO to digital "ownership"