Ocean's 8 4K & HD - HDD Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-11-2018, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Default Ocean's 8 4K & HD - HDD Reviews

Franchise sidequels are a risky venture but Ocean's 8 proves Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, and their band of merry thieves can steal the show -- especially in 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray! Director Gary Ross keeps an eye on the show-stopping glitz and glamor of the Met Gala while never losing focus what amounts to being a clever and humorous heist flick that sits nicely alongside the previous trilogy.

4K Ultra HD Blu-ray (Dolby Vision / HDR10 + Dolby Atmos)

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/60...ahdbluray.html

Blu-ray (1080p + Dolby Atmos)

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/60325/oceans8.html
Old 09-11-2018, 06:45 PM

Wait, did this even hit theaters? I don't remember it ever playing in a theater near me. In fact, I thought it wasn't even coming out until Nov.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Will wait on this one too. WHAT is the deal with Warner's street prices?
Old 09-11-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Wait, did this even hit theaters? I don't remember it ever playing in a theater near me. In fact, I thought it wasn't even coming out until Nov.
There is a theater near where I work that has this movie playing currently. And as for the steelbook, it's another one of those with a Blu-ray logo on the spine (like with Ready Player One). It's conveniently covered until you remove the wrapping. I slit the wrapping slightly to find the Blu-ray logo. I could still return this, since it's still sealed sufficiently. Probably worth keeping it to avoid the standard cut-out holes case. Oddly you can't buy a non-4K set that has this steelbook.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I remember seeing a trailer for it earlier this year and then heard almost nothing else about it. Doing a quick Google search, I was surprised to see that it made almost $300 million at the Box Office....
Old 09-12-2018, 11:59 AM

It did good business stateside, it was a nice quiet counter-programming for the summer
Old 09-13-2018, 12:20 AM

It must have come out the same weekend as something like The Incredibles 2 or Hereditary and got buried under good movies.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:30 AM

I saw and enjoyed it in the theater so yeah, it was out there for a bit, but in peak new movies time so some might have missed it.

It got a thumbs up from me as a nice heist movie that let women shine.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
It must have come out the same weekend as something like The Incredibles 2 or Hereditary and got buried under good movies.
Yeah it came out early June, I don't think it was ever in the #1 spot for the box office weekend, but it held for a long time, it wasn't until mid July before I went with my family to see it
Old 09-13-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
Yeah it came out early June, I don't think it was ever in the #1 spot for the box office weekend, but it held for a long time, it wasn't until mid July before I went with my family to see it
The movie opened June 8th, opposite Hereditary and Hotel Artemis. It in fact did open in 1st place at the box office with $41.6 million, the highest debut for the Ocean's franchise. The second weekend it dropped to 2nd place when Incredibles 2 opened. After that, it dropped to 3rd due to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.