'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - September 25 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-18-2018, 10:52 AM

Default 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray - September 25

Blu-ray:
https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/607...warsstory.html

4K:
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/60...ahdbluray.html

4K SteelBook:
https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/60...hdbluray2.html
Old 07-18-2018, 10:54 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

The only bad Star Wars movie is a boring Star Wars movie. Congratulations The Phantom Menace, you are no longer the most boring Star Wars movie out there.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:27 AM

I disagree.. I went into this movie with subterranean expectations and came out pleasantly surprised. Once Disney stopped jangling itís gold balls in my face(Hanís dice) after the first 10 minutes it got better. Guy playing Han did a decent job trying to fill impossible shoes. I definitely enjoyed it more than Last Jedi.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:35 PM

And I felt like the first 10 minutes were the best part of the film. When the train derailed, so did the movie. Paul Bettany was so a boring villain and Emilia Clark can't act for shit.

I do agree that the actor playing Han did a good job when he stopped trying to hard to be Harrison Ford and just acted his way.

The Last Jedi may not be a perfect movie, but it is far better than the prequels and The Force Awakens in my book. Perhaps on par with Return of the Jedi, though Ep 9 will determine where it lies in the long run.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:48 PM

I liked this over all but yeah - you can feel how rushed it was to reshoot it in time for the release date. They should have delayed 6 months, fine tune some of those scenes, let the cast breathe.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Did not see the movie - the few friends and associates I know that did see it liked it. I kind of like the SteelBook, it's not themed like all the other Star Wars movies are that I did not buy (of the SteelBooks.)
Old 07-19-2018, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattedscreen View Post
I liked this over all but yeah - you can feel how rushed it was to reshoot it in time for the release date. They should have delayed 6 months, fine tune some of those scenes, let the cast breathe.
Not to mention some scenes felt out of place like that entire goofy droid rebellion bit.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
Not to mention some scenes felt out of place like that entire goofy droid rebellion bit.
Yeah - or how that scene where Han met Chewie for the first time, a lot of that just felt like "well, we've got the pops and the set, I guess we have to use it." Apparently Bettany's character was originally going to be MoCap CGI when he was going to be played by I think Michael Kenneth Williams? I may have that wrong, but I thought I read it somewhere.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:25 PM

I am blind-buying this one. I just did not have time to make it to the theaters to see it, but I love anything and everything Star Wars so we shall see...