Game of Thrones 4K - HDD Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-07-2018, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Default Game of Thrones 4K - HDD Review

Steven dove back into the first season of Game of Thrones, available now with Dolby Vision/HDR10 and Dolby Atmos (the same mix as the previous SteelBook Blu-ray).

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/58...ahdbluray.html
Old 06-08-2018, 01:26 PM

As awesome as this is, I will patiently wait for the inevitable complete series 4k set
Old 06-08-2018, 11:43 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine_N1nja View Post
As awesome as this is, I will patiently wait for the inevitable complete series 4k set
And now they've licensed the prequels. Let's try to digest this! Sounds like The Hobbit all over again.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
And now they've licensed the prequels. Let's try to digest this! Sounds like The Hobbit all over again.
I would not jump to that conclusion. Hobbit was filmed without a complete script. Peter Jackson had to jump in when Guillermo del Toro left the project after funding stalled out with MGM's bankruptcy. HBO will fund GoT generously and have previously allowed the creative talent the amount of time to properly prepare.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcharger View Post
I would not jump to that conclusion. Hobbit was filmed without a complete script. Peter Jackson had to jump in when Guillermo del Toro left the project after funding stalled out with MGM's bankruptcy. HBO will fund GoT generously and have previously allowed the creative talent the amount of time to properly prepare.
Yeah the Hobbit isn't a fair comparison - even Jackson admitted he had to shoot that thing under the worst of circumstances after his request for a 12-18 month production delay so he could finish the thing and do proper preproduction was denied. HBO anounced they were exploring side GOT series ideas so it's likely this prequel has been stewing in the pot for awhile (hopefully).
Old 06-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

The fact they are taking a prequel and milking it, there are similarities.
Jackson did very well with The Hobbit, considering what was available to him.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:37 AM

I see no reason to buy anything from the series until the final season is out and they do a complete box set. Hell, I find it laughable that they have a 1-7 set out right now. Plus, who knows, the ending might suck so badly that the show is not even worth watching again.