Grading the Major Hollywood Studios in the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Era - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-31-2018, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Default Grading the Major Hollywood Studios in the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Era

Can you judge a 4K Blu-ray by its distributor? Let's find out.

https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/s...uray-era/41735
Old 06-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

A agree for the most part here with all the ratings, good reading. I would rate Lionsgate and Fox about the same for their digital streaming options. I have never seen a Lionsgate release redeem in 4K and Fox is nearly impossible.
If I were to also rate street date PRICES from best to worst - Lionsgate, Paramount/Universal (tied), Fox, Disney/Sony (tied) and Warner Bros.
We have seen a few releases get 4K overseas and not here - shame on them!
Old 06-09-2018, 11:47 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I would like to amend my comments a bit. The last 2 Disney releases have been as high a priced as Warner Bros releases.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:03 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I would like to add some more comments as they are relevant .
LionsGate, even in this day and age of where the 4K disc does not enforce region coding, *still* insists on region locking the regular Blu-ray disc. I love how they're churning out the releases, including older ones, at a very rapid pace and keeping the prices low. But please, for the love of movie collecting, stop being assholes about it with your region locking of everything and anything.