Annihilation 4K & HD - HDD Reviews - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-30-2018, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Default Annihilation 4K & HD - HDD Reviews

"Lush with a visual beauty and sense of wonder that hypnotizes the audience, Alex Garland's Annihilation is a thought-provoking sci-fi drama exploring our innate self-destructive behavior in light of humanity's possible extinction."

4K Dolby Vision + Dolby Atmos

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/58...exclusive.html

Blu-ray HD + Dolby Atmos

https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/570...ihilation.html
Old 05-30-2018, 11:54 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Side note for the 4K -- Best Buy exclusive, presumably for 60 days.
The 4K is NOT available at any Best Buy close to me (closest one is 110 miles) nor available to ship . Paramount and Best Buy take note: F you for retailer exclusives. They FAIL every time! I wanted to own this movie now, not later, heard good things about it.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:16 AM

I've requested this from the library. I wanted to see it in theaters, but it came out at a bad time and a few friends that saw it before we could said it wasn't worth it. So I'm really curious.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:48 AM

Caught it on Netflix, I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting it from Amazon much cheaper.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawk View Post
Side note for the 4K -- Best Buy exclusive, presumably for 60 days.
The 4K is NOT available at any Best Buy close to me (closest one is 110 miles) nor available to ship . Paramount and Best Buy take note: F you for retailer exclusives. They FAIL every time! I wanted to own this movie now, not later, heard good things about it.
looks like you can order it to ship now either free or $16.25 for next day delivery

Old 05-31-2018, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the review. I disagree with the rating. The Arrival is a MUCH better sci-fi/alien movie.

In this movie, like others, experienced/smart people acting DUMB. Portman's character is a biologist yet does shit that a layman would scratch their head. I mean like Prometheus-dumb. The movie is filled with these instances IMO.

I do appreciate where the director was trying to go with it but it's very flawed. Oscar Isaac was miscast. But then, I'm not a big fan of him at all.

The 4K representation is nice though and the audio was good(some nice bass).
Old 05-31-2018, 02:46 PM

^^ Well, there's no accounting for bad taste.
But seriously though, I think Prometheus is a terrible comparison, especially since this movie lacked an alien snake threatened with being petted by a moronic scientist.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 05-31-2018, 03:02 PM

Iíll blow all your minds. This movie is a rip off of The Ruins novel by Scott Smith. The book goes further with plants imitating humans, soon as I saw that in Annihilation I was reminded of that book.. which is also about an end of the world by plant life scenario.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Iíll blow all your minds. This movie is a rip off of The Ruins novel by Scott Smith. The book goes further with plants imitating humans, soon as I saw that in Annihilation I was reminded of that book.. which is also about an end of the world by plant life scenario.
So, it's Day of the Triffids, then?
My opinions are strictly my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of this site, its owners or employees.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
^^ Well, there's no accounting for bad taste.
But seriously though, I think Prometheus is a terrible comparison, especially since this movie lacked an alien snake threatened with being petted by a moronic scientist.
hahaha true. Prometheus was possibly on a whole different level of stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
Ha awesome! Was the book good?