Was it better than Non-Stop?

I liked Unknown but disliked Non-Stop
Old 04-30-2018, 05:57 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post

I know I had pointed out in the past in another thread but when a Liam Neeson movie gets a 58% score on Rotten Tomatoes I might be concerned, while a J Law movie with the same number, say Red Sparrow I might totally enjoy. I have yet to see both, so this remains to be seen. We cannot blame Neeson completely, he's likely not too choosy about scripts.

But your question is a good one - I had a mediocre experience with Non-Stop - it didn't suck, it wasn't great. Maybe it was a 58%, lol.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:55 PM
HDD Reviewer/Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post

I haven't seen Non-Stop. I've seen Unknown, but honestly can't remember a thing about it. But it's from the same director as both those films.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Blu-ray review is up too: https://bluray.highdefdigest.com/57018/thecommuter.html
Old 05-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonNutt View Post
I haven't seen Non-Stop. I've seen Unknown, but honestly can't remember a thing about it. But it's from the same director as both those films.
Thank you, I will give it a rent.

Unknown was a fun movie IMO
Old 05-11-2018, 01:46 PM

As someone who goes in to every move wanting to love it, and being able to enjoy films based on their own merits while I suspend my disbelief for the sake of a story, it takes a lot for me to say this - I found this one so contrived and divorced from reality in regard to normal human behavior that it was impossible to enjoy.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Written on Spec View Post
As someone who goes in to every move wanting to love it, and being able to enjoy films based on their own merits while I suspend my disbelief for the sake of a story, it takes a lot for me to say this - I found this one so contrived and divorced from reality in regard to normal human behavior that it was impossible to enjoy.
I figured that out from viewing the trailer. Have never seen the movie. I'm surprised stores stock this but not Three Billboards.