Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season - June 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Staff

Default Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season - June 5

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/58...ahdbluray.html
Old 04-04-2018, 03:33 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I'd be interested in reading how this show was produced, particularly the effects. I realize that dragons (or other creatures) are a small part of the show, but nonetheless they still are in the show.

Is it a Best Buy Exclusive window or something?
Old 04-04-2018, 08:15 PM

Sigh... yup, bending over. But for a complete series UHD set. 😡
Old 04-05-2018, 08:40 AM

As much as I LOVE GoT I will not be buying the UHD set. I've spent a good amount on the blu ray set and don't want to double dip.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 PM

I donít know what it is with me, but I watch GoT like some watch The Office or Seinfeld reruns at least once every other night. My Blu Ray sets get USED.. just to have discs that default to Dolby Atmos would be nice lol.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
I donít know what it is with me, but I watch GoT like some watch The Office or Seinfeld reruns at least once every other night. My Blu Ray sets get USED.. just to have discs that default to Dolby Atmos would be nice lol.
I revisit the previous season before the next one begins, but I haven't yet restarted the series or go back more than the previous season. Maybe when the whole thing is over, I'll start again.

Seinfeld episodes don't really connect to each other, so I can understand rewatching them randomly and periodically. Do you rewatch GoT out of order?

Though I have rewatched specific scenes like the Battle of the Bastards quite a few times. And the beginning of the Light of the Seven episode is a great rewatch, too.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:36 PM

I go in order, the current disc is usually near the player. Currently Iím almost to the end, gonna start over almost immediately. This time Iíve actually got an excuse, new lady friend who wants to see em on my system. 😁

Iím in no hurry, I'll wait for the full set, and at a discount.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I go in order, the current disc is usually near the player. Currently Iím almost to the end, gonna start over almost immediately. This time Iíve actually got an excuse, new lady friend who wants to see em on my system. 😁

Iím in no hurry, I'll wait for the full set, and at a discount.
That is a good test. If said lady friend doesn't adore GoT by Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things (episode 4), then you know she ain't a keeper.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:16 PM

Oh she wants to go through them again with me.. yeah she may be the one lol. Weíre the same, if we donít see a good lurid sex scene or unspeakable act of violence or both before bed... just donít sleep right.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Oh she wants to go through them again with me.. yeah she may be the one lol. Weíre the same, if we donít see a good lurid sex scene or unspeakable act of violence or both before bed... just donít sleep right.
Ummm, oookay. Yeah, I was thinking maybe...
Rich, complex character-driven stories and rewarding plot pay-offs that were earned.

But I guess sex and violence can be the matching criteria, too.