Forrest Gump - June 12 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-29-2018, 07:12 AM
Staff

Default Forrest Gump - June 12

https://ultrahd.highdefdigest.com/58...ahdbluray.html
Old 03-29-2018, 02:15 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Well hell, that was expected. With Gladiator and Braveheart hitting the streets soon it was only a matter of time. Wonder how the shaking the President's hand scene will look.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:41 PM

You know those movies where you accidentally get hooked into watching the whole thing on TV one lazy afternoon? While it wasn’t really bad, ultimately you ending wishing you had those 2.5 hours back (because of commercials) all the same?.. this is the biggest one of those ever made.
Old 03-29-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken99 View Post
You know those movies where you accidentally get hooked into watching the whole thing on TV one lazy afternoon? While it wasn’t really bad, ultimately you ending wishing you had those 2.5 hours back (because of commercials) all the same?.. this is the biggest one of those ever made.
LOL

I saw this movie once and never wish to see it again. Not that I disliked it, as I thought it was a goods film, but I have no desire to see it again, or own it.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:49 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I remember the first time I watched this one at home. As the scene switches, you hear an explosion that jumps you out of your seat, and you're then in Vietnam.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:00 PM

So is this going to be a 3 disc set then? The 4K disc, the 1080p disc, and the special features disc? Or is the blu-ray in this edition going to be based off of the new 4K transfer and the special features will be on the same disc as well?
Old 04-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
So is this going to be a 3 disc set then? The 4K disc, the 1080p disc, and the special features disc? Or is the blu-ray in this edition going to be based off of the new 4K transfer and the special features will be on the same disc as well?
It's a 3-disc set with one 4K & two standard Blu-rays. Looks like on BD for the movie & commentaries, and one for special features. While the 4K version includes an Atmos mix, it's unclear if the HD movie will have a new transfer.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:57 AM

This is the movie I keep coming back to every year or two and each time I always have a different reaction. Sometimes I love it, others I hate it and can't figure out why I wanted to see it again. Anyone else have a movie like that for them? One minute you love it, the next you can't stand it, but then you might love it again the next time you see it? I'll probably still pick this one up, regardless of my love/hate relationship with it, it's a beautifully shot flick and I love that score.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
It's a 3-disc set with one 4K & two standard Blu-rays. Looks like on BD for the movie & commentaries, and one for special features. While the 4K version includes an Atmos mix, it's unclear if the HD movie will have a new transfer.
Ohhhh okay. Thanks for clearing that up. Knowing Paramount, the blu-ray probably won't be based off this new master, but in this case that's OK seeing as how the existing blu-ray already looks and sounds terrific.