'Pacific Rim: Uprising' - Coming Soon - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Staff

Default 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' - Coming Soon

Pacific Rim: Uprising - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

Pacific Rim: Uprising - Blu-ray

Pacific Rim: Uprising - Blu-ray 3D
Old 03-28-2018, 03:36 PM

This movie was really bad. Big letdown from the amazing first movie. Any idea why Del Toro couldn't/wouldn't do it?
Old 03-29-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
This movie was really bad. Big letdown from the amazing first movie. Any idea why Del Toro couldn't/wouldn't do it?
He was busy elsewhere.
I wouldn't give it a "really bad" I'd give it "disappointing letdown from a spectacular original, but a fun popcorn movie"
Old 03-29-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
He was busy elsewhere.
I wouldn't give it a "really bad" I'd give it "disappointing letdown from a spectacular original, but a fun popcorn movie"
Sorry I disagree. Everyone here knows how much I hate the FF and Transformers movies. I almost think I would rather watch those. Those have better dialogue and acting than this shit movie.

But like those I'm sure there will be a few here who said they enjoyed it.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:59 PM

Absolutely hated the first movie. Might end up getting this one since it looks like a whole new creative team took over. I'll wait for reviews of the 3D blu-ray.

Nice to see Universal giving this a 3D release in North America. Thought they had stopped their 3D releases over here since they never bothered to give The Mummy or Despicable Me 3 a North American 3D release.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Absolutely hated the first movie. Might end up getting this one since it looks like a whole new creative team took over. I'll wait for reviews of the 3D blu-ray.

Nice to see Universal giving this a 3D release in North America. Thought they had stopped their 3D releases over here since they never bothered to give The Mummy or Despicable Me 3 a North American 3D release.
Wow you hated the first one? If you like THIS one and hated the first one something is wrong with you man
Old 03-30-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Wow you hated the first one? If you like THIS one and hated the first one something is wrong with you man
Haha! Probably lol

Personally, I just still can't get over how blatantly obvious Pacific Rim ripped off Independence Day. It's practically the same story, but with much less effort. And Charlie Hunnam and Charlie Day made the film painfully cringey to watch. At least with John Boyega and Scott Eastwood in the sequel, the movie will at least be watchable.

Edit: Just remembered that Charlie Day is in Pacific Rim 2 as well. F**k.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Haha! Probably lol

Personally, I just still can't get over how blatantly obvious Pacific Rim ripped off Independence Day. It's practically the same story, but with much less effort. And Charlie Hunnam and Charlie Day made the film painfully cringey to watch. At least with John Boyega and Scott Eastwood in the sequel, the movie will at least be watchable.

Edit: Just remembered that Charlie Day is in Pacific Rim 2 as well. F**k.
Well I despised ID LOL
Different strokes for different folks