'Pacific Rim: Uprising' - Coming Soon - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Staff
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,236
Default 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' - Coming Soon

Pacific Rim: Uprising - 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray

Pacific Rim: Uprising - Blu-ray

Pacific Rim: Uprising - Blu-ray 3D
__________________
Check out my award winning experimental short film Broken Records
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2018, 03:36 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

This movie was really bad. Big letdown from the amazing first movie. Any idea why Del Toro couldn't/wouldn't do it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-29-2018, 07:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
This movie was really bad. Big letdown from the amazing first movie. Any idea why Del Toro couldn't/wouldn't do it?
He was busy elsewhere.
I wouldn't give it a "really bad" I'd give it "disappointing letdown from a spectacular original, but a fun popcorn movie"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-29-2018, 08:54 AM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
He was busy elsewhere.
I wouldn't give it a "really bad" I'd give it "disappointing letdown from a spectacular original, but a fun popcorn movie"
Sorry I disagree. Everyone here knows how much I hate the FF and Transformers movies. I almost think I would rather watch those. Those have better dialogue and acting than this shit movie.

But like those I'm sure there will be a few here who said they enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2018, 01:59 PM
theHDphantom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,417
Default

Absolutely hated the first movie. Might end up getting this one since it looks like a whole new creative team took over. I'll wait for reviews of the 3D blu-ray.

Nice to see Universal giving this a 3D release in North America. Thought they had stopped their 3D releases over here since they never bothered to give The Mummy or Despicable Me 3 a North American 3D release.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Absolutely hated the first movie. Might end up getting this one since it looks like a whole new creative team took over. I'll wait for reviews of the 3D blu-ray.

Nice to see Universal giving this a 3D release in North America. Thought they had stopped their 3D releases over here since they never bothered to give The Mummy or Despicable Me 3 a North American 3D release.
Wow you hated the first one? If you like THIS one and hated the first one something is wrong with you man
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2018, 01:06 PM
theHDphantom's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston007 View Post
Wow you hated the first one? If you like THIS one and hated the first one something is wrong with you man
Haha! Probably lol

Personally, I just still can't get over how blatantly obvious Pacific Rim ripped off Independence Day. It's practically the same story, but with much less effort. And Charlie Hunnam and Charlie Day made the film painfully cringey to watch. At least with John Boyega and Scott Eastwood in the sequel, the movie will at least be watchable.

Edit: Just remembered that Charlie Day is in Pacific Rim 2 as well. F**k.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-30-2018, 01:44 PM
Boston007's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHDphantom View Post
Haha! Probably lol

Personally, I just still can't get over how blatantly obvious Pacific Rim ripped off Independence Day. It's practically the same story, but with much less effort. And Charlie Hunnam and Charlie Day made the film painfully cringey to watch. At least with John Boyega and Scott Eastwood in the sequel, the movie will at least be watchable.

Edit: Just remembered that Charlie Day is in Pacific Rim 2 as well. F**k.
Well I despised ID LOL
Different strokes for different folks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pacific Rim Uprising 4K & Blu-ray - HDD Reviews Palmer Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 8 06-27-2018 08:07 PM
Legendary Unleashes First 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Trailer scohen Film Forum 3 05-22-2018 07:11 AM
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' - June 19 Landy Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 2 04-20-2018 03:31 PM
Pacific Rim Monster Mayhem Edition coming Feb 14 mattedscreen Blu-ray Software General Discussion 6 01-20-2017 09:11 AM
'Pacific Rim,' 'Jupiter Ascending,' & 'The Great Gatsby' are coming October 4 Landy Ultra-HD Blu-ray Software Discussion 0 09-24-2016 12:37 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off